Falling In Love With A Badass Skater Boy Chapter 12

Start from the beginning

The plane ride was over soon enough. Enzo drove me to the skate park and I went into the home me Kassie and Kathleen share. After my entire luggage was unpacked, I heard a few beeps coming from my phone.

From: Kathleen

Fran, we are coming home now. I saw the note. Why didn’t you tell me and Kass you were leaving? We miss you and hope you are okay.

I sighed and shut my phone. This was between me and Zero. Why should they get involved and be hurt because of it? That won’t happen. I won’t let it happen.

After I took a shower and got dressed, it was 7:30pm. I walked out of the house and dodged a few skateboarders. For my plan to work, I need to find a guy who will work with me, someone who would make Zero jealous. Come to think of it, what would make Zero jealous? It definitely would not be a skater. A really cute charming boy would do it.

Now where would you find a smart, charming, cute boy?

Who knows, I will find him when I see him. I will go looking tomorrow, but for tonight, I will go to the mall and chill. Hopefully Kathleen and Kassie won’t find me tonight. They will probably go to their own homes and sleep. I don’t want to talk to them tonight. I will choose what to do in the morning.

The car was parked in the lot. I drove over to the mall and relaxed there for a while. Hot topic and wet seal were the stores I mostly shopped in. After about two hours, I went home. When I got there, my brain was already half asleep. It must have been the jet lag.

As I was changing into my pajamas, a taxi pulled into the lot. Kassie and Kathleen got out of the car and approached the house. I started to panic, so the red expensive dress lying on my bed was the first thing I changed into. I grabbed a pair of red high heels and shoved my makeup bag into my purse.

Kathleen opened the door and started to walk up the stairs. I jumped into the bathroom and opened the window. My body easily slid through the gap and I was standing on the bottom layer of the roof of the house. I quickly closed the window and climbed down the gutters.

After catching my breath, I jumped into the car and drove off. Where I was driving to was unknown. All I knew was that I needed to go away for the night, just one night to think things over.

After thinking about my situation, I decided to go to a fancy restaurant. After wearing a nice dress like this, I need to go somewhere important. I pulled into the parking lot and gave the valet my keys. I was seated immediately and ordered a martini. The fake id Kassie gave me was still in my purse.

A boy, maybe 17, was getting ready on the stage. He had golden hair and bright blue eyes. He sat down in front of a piano and adjusted the microphone to his mouth.

“I will be singing a song made by me called “For your love” His voice was smooth and silky, almost angelic.

“Darling, you are my fire

Your eyes make me ache

Your heart makes me break

But for your love, I would take

Everything just for your sake

‘Cause baby, you are my spirit

Your love has everything I can give it”

And it went on for another hour. I stared there, watching him for an hour. He seemed to be heaven sent. The more he sung, the more I became entranced. At end of the song, he locked eyes with me. His singing got softer and more sincere. We watched each other until the last note of the piano hit.

He stood up and bowed as everyone clapped. He was wearing a suit and looked like the perfect human being at that point. I had eaten half of my food, trying not to seem too mesmerized by him. He stepped off the stage and walked to a back room. Right before he stepped in, he turned and smiled at me.

My legs stood and I followed him to the door. I turned the doorknob and stepped in. He was taking his suit off and putting a button down shirt on. He looked over to me for a second and then looked back at the mirror. I leaned against the doorframe and contemplated what to say.

“You are really beautiful you know. The second I saw you, I could barely take my eyes away.” He fixed his collar and turned to me. My mouth was slightly agape, and my mind started to race.

“Well thanks. I can say the same for you.” I smiled nervously as he approached me. We were about a foot apart.

“So, what's such a pretty lady doing at a restaurant like this alone?” He smiled and held our gaze. It was if fire and ice were meeting. Something clicked in my mind, but I couldn’t realize what.

“It’s a long story that I doubt you would like to hear.” I smiled gently and he held his hand out to me.

“Trust me, I would like to know.” I took his hand and the other rested on my hip. We both started to dance, as weird as it was. Something about him made nothing awkward. We both just kind of went along with it.

“My boyfriend, Zero cheated on me. We had been in New York with a few friends so I flew home first thing in the morning. I was going to go out and find a guy to date to make Zero jealous, but my friends came home. I wasn’t ready to see them, so I slipped on this dress and came here. They are probably waiting at the house for me, but I can’t confront them tonight.” I rested my head on his shoulder, it was the perfect height.

“Hmm, well it looks like you have yourself in a tough situation. Good thing you just met your knight in shining armor.” He laughed lightly, and I couldn’t help but chuckle at his adorable laugh.

“You’re my knight in shining armor huh? How is that going to happen?” I smiled into his shoulder. He twirled me once and then pressed me firmly back into his body.

“I will be the man to make him jealous. Plus, you can sleep at my house for the night. I can’t have you in an uncomfortable situation with your friends, that just won’t due.” He stopped dancing and brushed a strand of hair behind my ear.

“I really can’t let you. We just met, I am not going to drag you into my crazy life. I am not letting anyone else get hurt.” I stepped back and his hand dropped to his side. There was a sad smile plastered on his face. It hurt to see, he became a sad angel.

“Please?” That was the one simple word that made me breathless. Something as small as that, it just made me melt. The look on his face was so innocent and pure, like he really just wanted to help.

“Fine, but it’s your fault if you get hurt.” I mumbled in defeat. His face lit up as he grabbed his jacket and my hand. We both left outside to his car. He opened the door for me and I scooted in. Once we began driving, a thought crossed my mind.

“Hey, why does it feel like I know you? Why am I going to a complete stranger’s house when he could be a complete psychotic freak getting ready to rape and murder me? Why do I trust you when I don’t even know your name?” I stared blankly at the road as the possibilities flooded into my mind.

“I’m not sure why. When I saw you, something felt right. You must have felt it to. I am going to do nothing along those lines to you so relax. My name is Xavier Ettore.” He smiled at the road and glanced to the side at me. I took a sigh of relief and slouched into the chair.

“How far away is your house?” My eyes were becoming heavy.

“Only a few more minutes, hold on.” He drove carefully. After about three minutes, we arrived at his house. It was small but felt like the most real home I had ever been in.

“You sleep on the bed, I will sleep on the floor.” Xavier said. The bed was easily big enough for two.

“You can sleep in the bed with me you know.” I watched his expression. It didn’t seem to change much.

“I know, but for your own comfort I will sleep on the floor. Goodnight beautiful.” He rested his head on a pillow and watched me close my eyes.

“It’s Fran, gorgeous.” We both smirked at the nicknames. After a few minutes, we were both sleeping.