Chapter 42 - Prized collection

B L A D E

Shit.

What have I done?

What the hell have I fucking done??

I'm such an idiot!

I don't wait for the guilt to settle in before dashing towards my room door, glancing around the empty hallway for any sign of Sienna, I shut the door behind me and begin to walk towards the stairs, not bothering to check her closed bedroom first.

I hurt her.

She won't cry in her bedroom or bother Cam with this shit.

I go to the only place I know that's calm and relaxing by this time of the night which is the pool.

As I step into the area, I swallow hard as I hear soft cries coming from the edge of the pool. I stare in the direction and sure enough, she's seated there with her legs playing in the water.

My chest tightens as I approach her with soft steps not wanting to startle her or anything.

I can't really explain it but seeing her this hurt makes me want to loose my shit. It breaks a chord in my heart to see those precious tears rolling down her cheek. I'm not always this soft but somehow, this girl is penetrating the block of ice I call a heart.

I make myself comfortable on the spot next to her and stare at the side of her face. Biting down on my lip, I search my brain thoroughly for a word to say to her but so far, nothing comes up.

My brain is fucking blank.

"Are you okay?" I blurt out and quickly curse under my breath at that insane question.

Who the hell ask that kind of question when the answer is right in front of my face?

I'm really loosing my damn mind.

"What I mean to say rather than ask is that– I didn't mean what I said earlier." I correct myself. Now that's better.

She stares up at me in surprise through her tear filled eyes as I avoid eye contact. I don't really blame her. Any damn person would be surprised to hear me say those fucking words.

Who the hell am I??

My thighs brush against hers as I swing my leg back and forth in the water. My heart does a mini flip at the slight but electric contact.

"Are you apologizing?" She asks with a sniffle as a full blown grin takes over her lips. Fuck. She's so beautiful.

That's a ridiculous but serious question.

I mean, am I apologizing?

I toss her a smirk and run my hand through my hair, the thoughts swirling around my head are becoming more hard to make out the more I sit out here next to her.

If she's trying to tease me or get cocky, it's failing terribly bad.

"Don't get a swelled head, piccola. I never apologized okay? All I said is– I didn't mean the words I said earlier. I was just overwhelmed." That's a fucking lie but either way she seems to buy it. My eyes drops to her lips and fuck, something flutters hard in my chest. I tilt my head to the side as she stares into my eyes with a dazed look.