Chapter- Thirty Three

Começar do início

I grabbed my phone and called Alonzo, quite hesitant as I kept thinking about possibilities to this situation.
Waiting patiently, I got nothing. He wasn't picking up.. Maybe he's in a meeting, I should stop bothering him.

I launched my phone aside on the bed, picking RDJ up, away from his cardboard piece.

“What do I do? ” I asked him, stroking his back.

“You might think, I'm a cry baby but I'm not... I mean what would you do? ”

He flapped his ears slowly and I'm sure he loves me. Picking him up, I let him down in his box, sighing. I glanced over at my phone, rethinking again and again but then decided to call him one last time. Like expected, he didn't pick up. Alright Roslyn, you need to stop bothering him, he's a busy man and this can't be that bad, can it...?

•••

I stepped out of my Uber and took in the view of my surroundings. Luxurious cars running inside the grand entrance of this captivating restaurant. After all, it's Layla Davis I'm going to see. I wasn't too nervous anymore.. I mean the most she can do is kill me... I'm not going to stress if I'm getting a treat at a paradise like this one.

I walked a little forward, thinking of calling Layla just when I felt a strange presence behind me. I turned around in response and saw a person in hoodie, strangely walking close to me. I gasped, stepping behind.

“Hey! ” Layla pulled the hoodie off her head slightly and revealed her pale face, for the first time without any makeup or accessories, that made it quite hard to recognize her at first look.

“I'm glad to see you here..” she voiced, slowly, cautiously, peeking around small stares.

I stood quiet, crossing my arms slightly as I didn't quite like her presence around me.. that much. She seemed off, barely focused right now. Her disguise did a great job mixing her in this environment but she seemed more emphasized by the way she acted.

“.. Uh- Let's get inside first” she offered, allowing me to follow her.

We took a seat in the private lounge, almost nobody around in neighbouring rooms.. I cautiously looked around, expecting something weird to happen but she took off her heavy jacket, sighing.

“You're probably wondering why I called you here... ” she spoke, pouring drinks in glasses.

I mean.. Obvious thing but anyways.

Gulping down the whole glass at once, she sat comfortably, right next to me. As now, I could see her face clearly, her eyes were red with dark eye bags under her eyes. She seemed restless from the way she looked as if didn't stop crying for days... Is she alright? I felt my heart sinking in worries, the way she looked wasn't healthy at all, specially if I consider her personality just few days ago.

“Roslyn... I.. ” she clasped her hands in front of me and tears began streaming down her face the next moment.

Oh Lord! What happened to her! I panicked, looking at her getting breathless while crying. I couldn't understand what just got inside her.

“.. Layla.. What's wrong..? ” I asked, standing up.

I grabbed the glass of water kept with liquor. I don't know if this is water or another drink but I hope this helps..

I helped her as she took a sip, wiping off her tears. I couldn't comprehend what just happened to her. Relaxing a bit, she stood up, holding my hand in hers.

“Roslyn... I.. I'm here to request something... ” she voiced, midst of her sudden breaths.

“O-Ok.. ” I stepped away slightly.