Cam, how are ya?" He holds out his hand and they do that weird bro hand shake. "Kennedy sent us pictures of you guys at the animal shelter. I'm telling you, you guys are fucked up for enjoying such a depressing pastime."

"Hey!" I interject, "it's eye opening, duh. That's the whole point."

"Still depressing." He smiles mockingly while looking from me to Cam.

"Hey, I voted a movie, Kennedy here wanted to see if there was another cat that called to her." He says it with air quotes but I was being completely serious... I just wanted to find Coco a friends.

Greyson must have gotten up at some point, since he's now standing right beside Sanders. My face tingles with awareness of his eyes and I try to repress my blush. Spoiler alert, it's not really possible.

"Gracie Poo got his dogs from animal shelters. Well technically he got one from me, but he would have picked her up from the animal shelter if I didn't call him first. You've just got such a big heart don't you?"

A big heart? Greyson? Sure.

Caitlyn all of a sudden seems utterly captivated by the conversation and laughs a little too loudly.

"That is so cute! You have dogs?" She bats her eyes a little and twirls her hair around her finger.

Is she... is she flirting with him?

I peek over at Greyson and quickly look away when I see he's not even looking at her—he's still staring at me.

"What are their names?" Caitlyn's voice, that never seemed to bother me before, has me wincing.

He ignores her, to my sick satisfaction, instead turning to Sanders and saying something under his breath.

"They're names are Addie and Charlie, they're adorable. Addies a Doberman and Charlie's a golden retriever mix. Greyson you have pictures of them don't you?" Sanders had this big goofy smile on his face, but I don't know why he's so happy all of a sudden.

Greyson goes still, before slowly turning to Sanders with what I can only describe as hatred on his face. Oh shit. He glances at me quickly and we hold eye contact for a couple seconds before I remember I strong dislike him, and look down at my hands.

"No."

"Oh come on," Caitlyn laughs, swatting the air in what I think is attempted playfulness, "I'd love to see some pictures, Greyson."

Feeling awkward, I grab a cloth and walk around Caitlyn, who's now leaning on the counter in front of Greyson, to clean some tables.

"Don't have any." I hear Greyson grumble, and, again, I feel a little bit of satisfaction at the idea that he doesn't want to flirt with her. He showed me a picture of his dogs.

Not that I care. Plus, she's a gorgeous girl and he's gorgeous guy, it would make sense if they dated. They would honestly look perfect together.

My stomach twists a little at the thought but I choose to ignore it.

"You don't have any pictures of your dogs?"

"No."

"Well maybe I could come over and meet them sometime." Despite the ugly feeling in my stomach, I can admire her determination.

I can't make out Greyson's reply, but I know he's walked away from her when I feel someone behind me and catch a whiff of the best smelling cologne I've ever had the pleasure of smelling.

Not that I go around smelling colognes.

And also not because it's Greyson's specifically or anything.

Grey WatersOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara