Chapter 22: The Date ❤

(Y/N)'s POV
"Whew, im stuffed" I said nearly with a burp. "Me too, now come on, there are more places i need to take you to" Lancelot said with a small smile.

"There are more places?" I asked. "Yes, now come" he said.
We eventually arrived at a lake. "Excuse me, but is there a boat we could rent?" Lancelot asked the boatman.

"Yes, the blue and red one over there is available for 5 silver coins" he said. Lancelot paid the boatman and we went over to the boat.

We got onto the boat and I sat on the left side. Lancelot started rowing the boat. The wind that blew against messed up my hair a little.

"You know how to row a boat?" I asked Lancelot. "Yes, I know how to sail too, afterall... A king needs to be perfect, right?" He replied and looked away.

However, there was a hidden sadness that was lost beneath his eyes. I tried to lighten the mood by telling some jokes.

"What do you call a bear with no tooth?" I asked.
He only looked at me in curiosity.
"The answer is gummy bear!" I said and laughed.

Lancelot managed to smile a little. All of a sudden, I saw my reflection in the water. 'The water is crystal clear...' I thought.

Suddenly, my reflection warped into a different person. I jumped back in shock. "Is everything alright?" Lancelot asked in worry.

"Um..y-yes.." I replied. 'What was that?' I asked myself in my mind. While I was deep in thought, the boat tipped over and the two of us fell into the lake.

Lancelot quickly pulled me to closer to him. I saw the person that changed my reflection.

It was a boy, with different colored eyes. One was crystal blue and the other was fiery red. He swam towards us with the speed of light.

"You will be mine" the boy said. I'm surprised that he could speak underwater. Lancelot tried to attack him but the boy dodged it easily.

'How are we not drowning by now?' I asked myself.

The boy managed to TOUCH Lancelot's right arm and Lancelot quickly grabbed his arm. His face showed pain. When he removed his left hand from the arm, blood started mixing with the water.

I tried to escape the boy's grip but he was too strong. The boy soon let go of me and i quickly swam to Lancelot. "Lancelot!" I shouted. 'I can talk underwater?'

"What do you want from us?" Lancelot mumbled angrily at the boy. "Well, I want that girl! On second thought, you can keep her until the next full moon" the boy said.

"(Y/N) will be mine by the next full moon" he said. "No! I will not let you take her away from me" Lancelot shouted. "Tch, you are no match for me. Even with all your men and citizen's strength combined, you could still never defeat me" the boy said.

"Oh and (Y/N), ill give you a choice. Either you be mine on the next full moon or ill kill your king and your beloved friend" the boy said and disappeared.

Suddenly, i couldn't breathe and Lancelot quickly pulled me to the surface of the water. "Who was that?" I asked.

"Let's go back to the castle first" Lancelot and we climbed back onto the boat. When we reached the shore, we quickly went back into the castle.

When we reached the castle, Wei Xiang rushed up to us. "What happened? Actually, never mind. After looking at that wound, I'll go get the royal doctor" Wei Xiang said and quickly rushed away.

'How is he so calm around the king?' I thought. "If you are thinking how he is so calm and casually around me, it because we're childhood friends. No questions asked about that" Lancelot said.

"Alright..." I said. Suddenly, Lancelot fell to the ground and fainted due to lack of blood. The doctor came just in time. After examining Lancelot's wound, the doctor said "Ill need help carrying the king to the medical room" .

Wei Xiang helped carry Lancelot to the medical room. The doctor began to tend to his wound. Meanwhile, me and Wei Xiang sat outside the medical room.

"What happened, (Y/N)?!" He asked me in panic. "Well..." I said and started explaining to him, but left out the part where he will be coming for me the next full moon.

"So you are saying that a boy with with red and blue eyes attacked you during your date with Lancelot? Then, with just a touch from that boy and Lancelot began bleeding non stop?" Wei Xiang tried to summarize my words.

"Yes" I replied shortly. "This is not good..." Wei Xiang said. "Let's go to the library..." Wei Xiang said and pulled me.

"What about Lancelot?" I asked, worried for him. "We'll visit him later" Wei Xiang said. We arrived at the library and I sat on a chair.

"Tell me the appearance of the guy" he said.

"Well, he had two different colored eyes which is blue and red, black hair with some white highlights, has a crystal like necklace and a tattoo of an owl with the same eyes color as his" I described from what i could remember.

"Oh boy...its gonna be the end of the world..the boy you just described just now...

That boy is Cyril Donovan, the most powerful person in the world" Wei Xiang said in a little voice.

New Character:

Name: Cyril Donovan (so powerful it is considered a curse)

(h/c): Black with white highlights
(e/c): Blue and red

(h/c): Black with white highlights(e/c): Blue and red

(Amazing art..)