Chapter 9: A Surprise

(Y/N)'s POV
I woke up the next day and stretched myself. I went to the bathroom to do toilet things and came back out while wearing a white and black outfit.

I sat on the chair and looked down at my desk. I held up my pencil and started drawing some sketches for the shoes. A knock soon came upon my door and I yelled enter.

A maid entered while holding a tray of food. "Your breakfast is served, Miss (Y/N). If you need anything else, please do not hesitate to inform the maids" she said and left quickly.

I looked at the tray and there was grilled cheese and baked potatoes. There is also a glass of orange juice.
I set aside my sketches and began to eat.

After drinking the last sip of my juice, i continued to sketch more ideas for the shoes. After a few hours of sketching, I finally drawn the shoes I need to craft.

"Time to go some materials" I said to myself as I put my coin pouch in my pocket. Suddenly, a knock came from my window and my eyes twitched in suspicion.

"Who's there?" I asked. The window opened and a man entered my room. I coughed at the dust that was brought in together.

I opened my eyes slightly to reveal Wei Xiang standing right before me. "Wei Xiang? Is it really you?" I asked. "Yes!" He replied shortly.

"Didnt you exit the castle when you lost?" I asked as I slowly regained my sight. "Well, yes. But there was actually a swordsman position that opened up. I signed myself in and managed to get the position. Though I have never used a sword before, I found it easy when I did because im a natural" he bragged.

"Oh, im so happy for you! Congrats!" I said. "Hehe! Thanks. Where were you going?" He asked. "The marketplace. I need to buy materials to craft new shoes for the king" I answered.

"May i come with you?" He asked and gave me puppy eyes. "Fine, but why?" I asked. "Because I want to be with you" he said and pouted.

I chuckled a little at his childish demeanor. "Let's go then" I said and we exited my room.

Wei Xiang guided me to the main entrance as I've not memorised the castle ways. "Where are you going?" A voice asked and I turned around.

"Oh! Good morning Sir Haru! I'm going to the marketplace to buy some materials for the shoes" I said and bowed down to greet him.

"Alright then, goodbye" he said and walked away. As me and Wei Xiang were walking, I decided to ask him some questions.

"Wei Xiang, do you know a guy with blonde hair and aquamarine eyes in the castle?" I asked. "Hmm...no. Why do you ask?" He said.

"Hmm...its nothing. But im curious about one thing, does the king and queen have children?" I asked again.

He paused for a moment and looked at me. "Yes, they do. A boy and a girl. But the princess was captured by The Fire Lotus and was supposedly killed. Only the prince remained for now" he said.

"Who is the prince?" I asked. "No one really knows. No one has ever seen him before except sone of the most trusted people working in the castle. The King and Queen had become protective of him and locked away his freedom, in fear of loosing their only child left" Wei Xiang said and looked away.

"Oh...no one even knows his name or looks?" I asked as I tilted my head to the side.

"Nope. Rumor said that the King Ritcher is very strict with the prince in order to create the perfect king to take over the King Richter's throne when the King Richter dies. If the prince disobey, King Richter will inflict painful torture to him. He sometimes wander around the castle hallways with a saddened smile" Wei Xiang explained.

"Oh, I see. Poor guy..." I mumbled. "Yeah, anyways, let's go buy the materials" Wei Xiang said, trying to change the heavy topic. He took hold of my arm and dragged me to the marketplace quickly.

We walked around the stores and i found a store which selled fabrics. "Um..hello. Do you have leather and silk fabrics?" I asked. "Yes, what color would you like?" The merchant asked.

"Um..blue and white, please" I said. "Alright. XIAO LI! Get me the leather and silk fabrics in white and blue color!" He shouted.

(Usually, this happens in chinese restaurants. They suddenly shout to the chef or whatever after you ordered something, especially in non-fancy restaurants. I find it funny.)

A young woman dressed in white came out holding a few rolls of fabrics. How much for a roll of blue leather and a roll of white silk?" I asked.

"That'll be 5 gold coins" he said. My eyes widened in shock at the price. 'So expensive....' I thought. A hand suddenly reached out and paid the merchant in full.

"Here you go, miss" the merchant said and handed me the two rolls of fabric in a bag.

"Wei Xiang, why did you pay for me?" I asked. "Well, dont ladies love it when their man pays for everything?" Wei Xiang asked as he came closer to my face.

"Um..." I said as im getting shy and uncomfortable. "You can return my favour with a kiss!" He said and winked.

"N-No way!" I said and blushed furiously. I quickly walked away from him and went inside other stores to buy strong thread. "Aww..." He poured and kicked his feet like a little child.

I huffed and continued to buy my materials. After i finish buying enough materials, i walked back to the castle with Wei Xiang following me.

He was pouting even more and looked at me in a childishly angry way. When we arrived at my room, he looked even more upset.

"Alright, alright!" I said in defeat. I gave him a kiss on his right cheek and he widened his eyes. "There! Happy?" I said as i broke the kiss.

"Hehe! Yes, im satisfied!" He said and returned a kiss on my cheek. My face felt as if it was lit on fire.

"See you later, my tomato-chan!" Wei Xiang said and tried to run away, but I managed to grab his hand.

"Wei Xiang!! How dare you try to run away after what you did to me?!" I yelled in embarassment.

"Oh? Does my tomato-chan wants me to kiss her more? I'd be glad to do it!" He said and lowered down his face. His lips were a few inches away from mine. I blushed even more if thats even possible and quickly pushed him out my door.

I shut it and i could hear Wei Xiang whine. "Aww, just when I was getting to the good part!" He said and began walking away.

'I gotta calm down...' I thought.