Chapter 1: The Fire Lotus

The scent of smoke and ashes filled my nose as I helplessly watched my home burn down. "Mommy! Daddy! Brother!" I shouted as I tried to reach them.

"Honey! Run! Don't look back! Run far away, please!" Mommy shouted. "Where will I go? I can't leave you here!" I shouted as I cried.

"It doesn't matter! Just run far away and don't come back! Do it for mommy!" Mommy shouted back.

"I love you! I love you, Mommy! I love you, Daddy! I love you, Brother!" I cried out loud. "We love you too!" They said and gave me a final hug.

Soon, their clothes caught fire and quickpy pushed me away. "No!" I cried as I tried to reach them. "Run! Be a good girl and run away! They are coming!" Mommy said.

The men wearing black garb had burn down my home, intending to kill us by burning us alive. I managed to escape thanks to my brother.

Unfortunately, mommy, daddy and brother were not so lucky. I ran a distance before looking back. They had completely perished and I was sure they were gone.

The men in black garb had ruined everything....everyone I loved...

(Y/N)'s POV
I woke up and looked at my hands, which were sweating a lot. Ever since my family died, I kept having the same nightmare about my family's death over and over again.

'Why?...why did it have to me?...what did I ever do?...' I thought. I looked at the clock which showed '8:00a.m'.

I sighed and decided to get out of my bed. After making my bed, I walked to the kitchen. My home right now is a small cottage I had bought with my hard work.

I am a shoemaker. Everyday, I worked hard to fulfill my clients' orders. I had to use the coins I earned to buy materials for shoes and food.

There are three types of coins. Gold, silver amd bronze. The most i had gotten was a silver coin.

The Dragon's Soul is divided into five parts. Heart, Wing, Claw, Spine and Tail. (I took the idea from Raya: The Last Dragon. Its a Disney Movie)

Only rich people from Spine and The Heart's Empire can afford a luxurious lifestlye. Currently, i lived in Tail which is the poorest kingdom.

The royal family live in The Heart's Empire, thus the extra empire after Heart.

I walked to my workshop and looked at all the shoes I made. "Hello! Is my order complete?" A man with grey hair asked with a smile. "oh! Yes, sir! Here you go!" I said and handed him his newly made shoes.

"These are extravagant...say...are you taking part in the shoemaking contest?" The man asked. "Shoemaking contest?" I repeated.

"Yes, the royal family organized it in order to find a talented shoemaker since their old shoemaker had retired. You simply must participate!" The man said.

"Oh, do you mind telling me more details about it?" I asked. "I would love to..but I'm in a hurry. So, here. Its a poster about the contest. I wish you good luck if you decided to participate. Goodbye!" The man said and left after he handed me a poster.

I sat down on my chair and began reading the poster. 'Hmm...the contest ends in three days...it'll take one day to travel to The Heart's Empire..so I only have two days to make a fine pair of shoes...' I thought.

"Alright! I'll participate! But where can I enter my name?" I asked myself. "Oh, you are participating in the shoemaking contest? You may enter your name at the hall of glory" A female voice said.

"Oh, I see. Thank you" I said and cleared my voice. "Anyways, how many I help you?" I asked. "Do you have the shoes I ordered last week?" She asked.

"What is your name?" I asked. "Marie Greens" she replied and I began searching her name. "Right! Here are your shoes" I said and took out a pair of high heels.

"Oh my! They're simply remarkable! I do hope you win the contest, Miss (Y/N)" she said. "Here, keep the change. I must take my leave now. Goodbye!" She said and exited my workshop.

I look at the counter and counted the coins. '1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10..' I counted.
"Huh? Whats that?" I said as something shone through the pile of bronze coins.

"A golden coin?!" I shouted as I held the single golden coin in my fingers. "My first golden coin!" I smiled happily.

'She must be a rich woman...' I thought.

During my lunch break, I went to the Hall of Glory to enter my name. After that, I walked to the market to buy materials for my most important project, The King's Shoes.

(Hey! I promise this book is gonna be better than my second one. I'll be updating the next chapter tomorrow.

Please vote on it too if you can. Hope you enjoy your day!)