chapter 10 🍋🔞

Ren held both of their hands and took a deep breath .

"The league kidnapped me... toga took over hawks form and lured me to a wearhouse where I was ambushed... " she started softly " I've been locked in the same room since being kidnapped.. they tried to get me to join them... they thought.. I'd have reason to ..." she sighed looking up at aziawa.

Shinso looked at the floor as he listened , he hated aziawa for lying in this moment he felt like he did nothing to save her.

" when I refused... they tried getting information out of me... but.. I didnt have anything that'd be useful... I think... shota... I think they were going to leave me wherever we were going when yall saved me... "

Aziawas grip on her hand tightened .

"Hawks saved you... he managed to track you down and tail them. " he muttered softly.
Shinso pulled his hand away and turned towards the door.

" You would have if you weren't so busy pretending everything was fine." Shinso sighed before leaving out the door.

Ren held aziawa in place as he tried to run after him.

"Give him space.. we can make it up to him in time sho~ I think we need to finish talking... I dont even know how long I've been gone.. let alone how many days it's been since I've ate .." she groaned laying back into the bed.

" You were gone a week ren... we.. we could do nothing... they left no traces at the wearhouse...and I was out every night looking for you... I was looking for you..."

"I know you were ... you look exhausted...so does shinso... You've been pushing him too hard since I've been gone.." she pulled at the bandages around her neck , she hated the restraint around her neck and chest she was trying to stay calm but the restriction was making it hard .

"I have ... I wasnt trying to but.. -"

" You were going crazy... im sorry.." she cut him off her voice barely a whisper .

He stood and moved to cup her face, it made his chest tighten when she apologized for worrying him.
She flinched slightly when his hands touched her face and he pulled away .

"Ren..." his voice broke.

"I-im sorry-" her voice broke and she reached for his hands and brought them up to cup her face " i..I... they... I've missed your touch shota..." she couldn't even begin to explain how she was feeling after this week.

"Ren.. what happened...did he..."

" the worst he did was burn me... but he did.. um.. " she sighed looking down at her hip tears were starting to form .. all of her interactions with dabi over this week confused her more then anything.
She pulled at the wrapping over her hip and exposed the burn covering the old initials.
Anger washed over aziawa thinking of dabis hands littering her body with burns again, and thinking of the effect this was having on her. Was she hurt that he took away his claim on her? His hands shook slightly at the though.

"I'm so stupid-" she choked out as tears fell " its stupid I shouldn't care , and I don't care ...but when I look down... shota... im free .. " she forced a smile despite her tears and looked up at him.
The sight extinguished his anger and melted his heart.

"Ren ..." he said softly falling into bed with her. He pulled her close to him as he laid on his side, she pushed her head into the crook of his neck and took in his scent .

" sho... I wouldn't have made it... I would have given up if I didn't have you and the kids to fight for... " her voice was muffled in his shoulder .

"Your back.. im here... and your mine..." he growled softly towards the end trying to keep thoughts of dabi from surfacing and angering him yet again.