chapter 4

Ren was released from the hospital the next morning after questioning from the chief.

Aziawa met her at the front of the hospital and walked her to his car.
"We'll go to your place and pack up .." he said quietly opening the door for her.

"So... We'll be living together..by the um.. end of the day " she asked sliding into the seat and looking up at him.

" i..no kitten.. I didnt think either of us were there quite yet " he laughed nervously

"Oh, God okay I was nervous. " she laughed blushing slightly " W-we're not there yet , I know we both enjoy our separate spaces still"
He shut thr door and came around to the druver side getting in. He chuckled buckling in .

"I do enjoy your Space quite a bit though kitten " he winked at her and started the car before pulling off towards her place .

She laughed bumping his shoulder slightly.

"Perv ." Ren rolled her eyes

"You love me" he scoffed , he messed up his words and panicked slightly meaning to say 'you love it'

"Uh-huh " she laughed as they pulled up to her place .

She got out and quickly hurried inside followed by Aziawa,  her apartments were tiny, most of the units were vacant and surprisingly she was the only tenant on her floor .
She froze as she neared her door seeing it slightly open.

"Sho..." she sqeaked out nodding towards the door.

"You locked up when you left? "

She nodded holding up her keys . They both walked up slowly , once up to the door They could see the melted handle and the charred wood surrounding it warping the door freeing it from the frame.  Her heart sank and she pushed open the door quickly growing angry .

That stupid patch work creep broke into her home her mind screamed as she looked around , nothing looked touched in the kitchen and living room .
She got to her bedroom , her clothes were thrown about her panty drawer left wide open clearly ruffled threw, her old collar that was once tucked away under her bed now sat ontop of her dresser with a tag saying 'little fox' she shuddered turning away and looking at shota.

He could see how distressed she was oblivious to the exact reason but assuming it's just the break-in .

"Let's just grab some clothes for a few days and ... well come back another-"

"I dont plan on coming back.. " she muttered darkly turning to her closet and yanking a few bags out of it , she threw most of her clothes in one and started on the other, grabbing a small box from under her bed and tossing it in along with her laptop, chargers , she put her favorite blanket in and turned to pull her pillow off the bed .

Aziawa was staring at the collar .

"I.. uh.." she didn't know what to say.

"...it looks worn.."

"Hasn't been in a long time" she sighed walking into the bathroom and packing up the necessities.

"You kept it..?"

"Well its mine. And I chose to leave..  I wasnt abandoned. " she came back into the room and tossed the bag onto the bed.

He turned to her and for the first time she couldn't read him. His heart seemed calm but his face was a mix of emotions.

"... oh.. so what's it for..?" He asked coming over to pick up the bags

"Well..nothing now.. " her heart hurt thinking about the last time she wore it .
She grabbed her backpack and tossed in the books she'd been reading along with her journal and threw it in her back turning to aziawa.