3:00 p.m.

Desire sat against the wall inside of the glass room, across from the door. Her arms were wrapped around her chest as she glared defensively. The rest of us stood in a circle, whispering to each other.

"It has to be her," Roberto began.

"Why her?" I asked.

"Well is it any of you guys?" The rest of us shook our heads. "It makes sense to be her. We're all familia here. Even Brian counts as being a part of that. Didn't we establish that earlier this morning?"

"Well if she's a wolf, remember that there's supposed to be two. Doesn't that mean one of us is working with her?" Brian pointed out.

"We already said no, none of us are working with her," said Tomas.

"Then what the hell? The other wolf is her sister? Her dead sister?" Daniel added.

"Could be, cabron. I don't fuckin' know."

"Maybe someone should accuse her, si?"

"And what if what was written on that note was true?" I said.

"So far, the rules have been true, and I'm not really in the mood for dying." Brian put his hands up. "My wife would kill me in the afterlife."

"Can you stop with those damn jokes already?" Roberto snapped. "This isn't exactly the time."

"Okay, grumpy," he put a hand in his jacket pocket. "Dammit, I keep forgetting that some bastard took my cigs."

I felt Brain's pain. I didn't smoke, but I'm sure a large glass of whiskey would do the trick too. We should all be at home right now with the people that we loved, not in this fucked up place trying to figure out who were killers. I had a best man's speech to prepare, not to mention the fact that I was due into work early tomorrow. I shouldn't be here - I had a life to lead.

We kept going, conversational points trying to form some kind of strategy. None of us had been in a situation like this before, and no one knew what to do. All it would take was one correct guess and, as long as neither of us was lying, we already had one. The only question was if we trusted each other.

Feeling a little guilty, I watched Daniel particularly close. I still thought this could have been his show, but could he kill? And Destiny has been weighing heavily on my mind as well. I felt her die in my arms. And her twin, could Desire really have been capable of killing her own sister? It was the same as someone accusing me of killing Daniel, just thinking about it made my stomach churn. Was Desire really one of the wolves?

Reaching no conclusion, we sat on the chairs in silence. Desire never moved from her spot, neither did she move her glare. Half an hour passed and the tension rose with stillness. I couldn't think of anything. I felt around my jean pockets for the knife; still there. Daniel noticed me and winked.

It was starting to feel a little hot so I began to undo the top buttons of my dress shirt. Then, I heard one of the chairs slide back and saw Roberto stand up from his seat. He had this look of determination, and I didn't like it. He was about to say it, he was about to play a card in an attempt to end things quickly without any more damage. I wanted to stop him, but at the same time I wanted him to keep going. He's about to take the risk none of us wanted to.

Roberto walked in front of the door and turned from us. We watched him in silence as he looked down the hallway and sighed deeply. He gave his brother one last look before facing Desire.

"A la mierda. I don't care," Roberto stated. "They need someone to accuse somebody? They need someone with grandes bolas to do that, eh?" He grabbed his crotch and tugged a couple of times. He spun around slowly, looking up at corners as if he wanted to direct his voice to that direction. "Wherever you are, whatever fucking power is watching this, here it is." He took a deep breath and pointed at Desire. "She's a wolf." We waited for a response. Desire looked at him with wide eyes. Shit, we all did. After a minute of staring, Roberto started to laugh.

"Ha! See guys, I did it. Game over. We win. Unlock the doors and let's go home, mi familia!" He opened his arms and smiled.

None of us saw the streak as it flew through the air; all we heard was the sound of wind.

Roberto fell forward and, as he hit the floor, a black arrow extended diagonally out from his neck. We all jumped up, startled, and Brian served up a storm of curse words. Tomas ran to his side when a pool of blood started across the floor.

"Roberto! Roberto!" he yelled out, choking in between. Roberto's body was shaking, struggling to stay alive. Desire screamed. Tomas glanced at us before he threw up beside his brother. I could hear Daniel quickly and lightly breathing in and out, almost sounding like he was hyperventilating.

By the time his body stopped moving, I quickly crouched down by Roberto, his blood soaking into the soles of my shoes. I reached for his wrist to check for a pulse, but stopped. I didn't need to check. There was an arrow going through his throat, for Christ's sake.

Roberto was dead, he was the second victim.

"Holy fucking shit!" Brian exclaimed one last time as he pulled his hair and backed away. "Oh, Jesus. Holy shit." As I stared in a frozen state, I heard my brother whisper beneath his breath.

"He chose poorly," he said. I glanced and thought I saw a hint of a smile. That was a line from our favorite Indiana Jones movie.

Desire wasn't one of the wolves. That meant that two of the guys had to be them, two people that I cared about.

We were down to five and two of us held the key to the game.