"I just want answers."

Ingrid shrugged. "Like I told Priya before she cheated her way into winning, it was just for fun. But, I didn't control your reaction to it so you could have walked away from the kitchen instead of burning up like a fireball."

"Fun? That was fun to you? What kind of person are–" Chiara asked, ignoring the obvious jab at her personality.

She held up a hand and stood up, grabbing her box. "I'm a curious girl with a penchant for accurate predictions, and here's a free one: this issue with my roommate is going to be the least of your worries very soon."

Mareike

"Mareike, wait!" She stopped in her stride reluctantly and turned towards the voice. She was unprepared for the confrontation, but her ex-friends apparently had it in mind today.

"Ingrid caused the fight between us, and I'm sorry for how I reacted." Chiara offered, smiling hopefully.

She gave her a blank stare. "Priya told me already, but that does not make it better. She had no control over your reaction or words, you made a choice."

"That's the only thing she's said to me since that day." Priya grumbled, folding her arms.

Mareike faced her and snapped. "You watched silently as she made fun of my situation, and even when she stormed out, you followed."

"I'm sorry for that." She replied in a weak voice and looked down.

Chiara tried again. "Sometimes I say things without thinking, especially when I don't mean them. I've blamed myself for the accident since it happened, and I just lashed out at you without thinking. I admit I wanted to say something to hurt you, but that was stupid and immature."

"You made fun of my weight, and you know how sensitive I am about that." She protested, fighting back tears and remembering the embarrassment she still felt.

Mareike took little solace in the fact that the bean bag was no longer there to remind her of its treachery. In her sadness, she disposed of it in the same way as the bottled water and though she was calmer now, there was no inclination to bring it back.

Luckily, Mr. Han did not notice and if he did, he made no fuss about it. She would not be able to explain how she wished it away with her mind, nor how she felt tempted to wish the girl in front of her away.

In front of her, Chiara grimaced and held her hand. "I know and I'm so ashamed of my actions, but you have to know I didn't mean it. I'll try to control my temper, but I need your help Mareike. Will you help me?"

She looked between both of them and smiled; there was no point of staying mad at her only friends and risk losing them because of stubbornness. Besides, they apologized which was the main thing so she grasped the hand that held hers and nodded.

"Okay. I forgive you both, but we still have an unresolved problem. The sporadic bursts of abilities are not normal, and it all started in this house. I need answers."

"I'm not sure, but I think Ingrid might know something. She or Mr. Han." Priya offered, sighing in relief.

"I already asked my roommate about it, but she denied knowing anything. She was more interested in learning more about our abilities." Mareike explained, shaking her head. "Mr. Han might be the best bet."

"Alright, let's go find him then. I doubt he's left with Ingrid yet." Chiara said, more relaxed as she led the way downstairs.

"You know, I and Eryk haven't talked properly for the past two days since he took your side. Hopefully, we'll start flirting again now that everything's resolved."