Recipe 2

I quickly hovered back on my bed, jumping on it at the same instant that I heard something smash into the window. I can feel  the glass vibrating as it protests against the force that hits it.

Looking back, any sound that I'm about to create got trapped in my throat. Creatures from horror movies would pale in comparison with these figures as they push and smash their shadow-like body on the windowpane. Each one pushing and milling over the large window.

Kneeling protectively over my still glowing ‘body’ I watch in terror as the figures press and shove themselves towards the already protesting window. A chill passed through me as I feel them each them trying to take a look at me or at my ‘body’.

 The features of the figure in front of the glass begin to disfigure as the weight of the other being pushing and shoving behind them smash them on the window’s laminated glass pane. Their features are being squashed against the galss pane, looking similar to bread dough being flattened by a rolling pin until with a loud pop, the figures burst one by one into dark gooey mess, splattering on the window.

Then some of them began swaying once again. I didn’t see what happened to them next when the window gave a distinct cracking sound before the window’s frame gave out from the weight and force that the figures battered on it.

Fear, dread, and the terrifying sense of danger rushed from the pit of my stomach, the same instance I smelled the most horrifying odour I ever knew. The smell of rotting fish and burnt hair fill my room; clogging my nose and mouth, effectively silencing the scream that I didn’t know I was going to unleash.

Throwing myself over my body protectively, I felt that these creatures were not a direct threat to me but to my ‘body’ and finally to my existence if they ever got near 'me'. My eyes were slowly blurring as involuntary tears filled them but I could see them hovering and floating closer and closer to me.

I draped my arms protectively over my 'body', burying my face on my 'neck' as the smell becomes intolerable.

Suddenly something grabs my leg in a rough grip, releasing a blood-curdling scream I blindly kick out.

I felt a sharp pain in my calf and foot as whatever grabbed my leg loses its grip. Lifting my head from my ‘body’, I saw blood pouring out of my calf and the creatures are swarming all over the bed.

Kicking blindly and shouting continuously, I cling tightly to my ‘body’  as the figures swarm on us grabbing and tearing my spirit away from my ’body’. Their pungent smell overpowering me as their weight suffocates me.

All of a sudden a strong force wrenches me away; several of those vile creatures are pulling at my legs, dragging me away from my ‘body’ the same time the nearest creature pounced on ‘me’.

Kicking and scrambling as they drag me from my bed, I look in dread as my ‘body’ disappears under the swarm of faceless and malodorous creatures.

No! I whispered faintly as one of the creature passes over me, ignoring me as it makes its way to the bed. No! I cried, crawling my way back to my bed while the creatures are fighting with each other.

No! I shouedt but one of the figures kicks me, the force of it sends me sliding across the room.

That is where I begin screaming continuously...

No!

No!

Noooooooo!!!