Chapter 35

POV FERRE

More than 19 hours had passed and the fleet of Yamato and Bismark had not yet arrived.

Zuikaku: What happened?

Ferre: No idea, they should have appeared more than 6 hours ago, but nothing. Let's just wait for Akagi's orders.

Akagi had ordered all the aircraft carriers to deploy their planes to maintain a strict patrol to know the enemy positions, but the enemy is more than 150 km in a radius, we are very close to the enemy base and we use a small island as cover We are anchored in the bay of the island, which offers us great coverage, but the problem is that we too cannot see the enemy, if the enemy enters the bay it is a checkmate for all of us.

Due to the interference of the island it is impossible for me to detect some threats despite having an early warning radar, if the enemy attacks through the blind area of ​​the island I will not be able to detect it in time.

Kaga: Kaga, how is the situation?

Kaga: Strangely quiet. By the way, what about you guys?

Soryuu / Hiryuu / Zuikaku: No, there is nothing at all.

Spee: There's no sign of Yamato or her fleet, plus there's no trace of Bismark's fleet, it's all strangely weird.

Ferre: Indeed, a simple delay in an operation or a lack of coordination always ends up being lethal. According to the plan, the fleet of Yamato and Bismark should have reached us 6 hours ago, we would use the waiting time to reconnoitre the enemy.

Yuudachi: Maybe the weather is so bad that recognition is bad?

I had forgotten to mention them, but the climate where we are is very bad, the sky is black due to very dense clouds and there is a slight fog, but despite all this, the sea is too calm to sail comfortably.

Tone: Unfortunately my catapult broke down.

Chikuma: Don't blame yourself for that.

Fubuki: What will happen? I was sure Yamato was very excited about this mission.

Daring: I'm getting nervous by every second that passes.

Ferre: Calm down, do the breathing exercises.

The atmosphere around us was filled with uncertainty as each minute passed.

Ferre: Akagi, what will we do? Do we wait for Yamato's fleet or do we move?

Akagi: (Thoughtful) Hmmmmm.

Daring: I still feel very nervous.

Ferre: (sigh) You really have no remedy, I want you to take a very deep breath.

Daring: (takes a deep breath) ...

Ferre: A little more.

Daring: (keeps inhaling) ...

Ferre: A little more.

Daring: (continues inhaling)

I could see Daring's face turn a little blue.

Ferre: A little more.

Daring tries to inhale, but then she exhales all the inhaled air roughly and begins to gasp for air.

Daring: (gasping for breath) What do you want to do !? Kill me !?

Soryuu: (Annoyed) Take this seriously!

Ferre: (giggles) But it helped calm your nervousness.

Daring stops talking and then she speaks calmly.

Daring: You're right, I feel better already.

Due to my joke the atmosphere relaxed a bit and I hope that Akagi has also calmed down a bit, since, since the beginning of this mission, she has been very tense and very worried.

Kaga: (sigh) What will we do sister? You already decided?

Akagi: Yes, we will leave a small division to wait for Yamato's fleet and then that small division will guide Yamato's fleet to our location, the division will be made up of Kongou and Fubuki. As you know, we have to comply with radio silence, so we will be cut off, for nothing in the world you should use the radio.

Fubuki: So how do we find you when we meet with the Yamato and Bismark fleet?

Akagi: (Takes off a map) We will go southeast to continue investigating, we will be at approximately ***** coordinates, when you meet the Yamato and Bismark fleet, look for us at those coordinates and if we are not there, we will be near that position so they should look for us.

Fubuki / Kongou: Ok.

Akagi: Remember that the operation focuses on stealth, if you are spotted, the game is over for us.

All: Ok!

The mission resumes after such a long wait.

TO BE CONTINUE.........................................