Mini Drabble / Haru's first christmas 🎄

*This takes place before even Senju girl, when Haru and Sasuke were way younger. Let's remember, Haru was an orphan who barely had a home of her own until itachi found her. This mini Drabble is her first actual Christmas, and it was with the Uchiha family!

••••

"Sasuke? What's wrong?" Itachi's curious voice filtered through their home's crisp winter air. Their house was lit with warm hues, golden sparkles twinkling dimly throughout the ceilings, creeping onto the Christmas tree Mikoto had placed in the corner of the living room.

The Uchiha home, for the first time in a long time, felt warm. Maybe the holiday spirit had done something magical after all!

Outside the home was a cold clue blizzard; snow piled up against the walls, covering Konoha's streets like a pearly white blanket. Silver sparkles twinkled against the snow sheets, glittering brightly against the moon's glow.

The windows to the outdoors resembled a portal to another world, warm golds contrasting greatly with cold silvers.

Inside the home, the Uchiha family readied themselves for Christmas morning as the sun hasn't even risen yet. Though, the youngest child of the prestigious family didn't seem too happy, remarkably even on a day like this!

He sat on the couch with a pout on his lips and his arms crossed around his little chest, Sasuke Uchiha was used to getting what he wanted—but it seemed fairly obvious that something had clearly been denied of him.

However, with the arrival of his older brother, itachi— Sasuke perked up just a bit.

"Haru and I were playing before mom took her from me! All to do her stupid hair!" Sasuke grumbled, his cheeks flushed a light pink from the small wisps of cold from the outdoors that managed to creep their way inside the homes warm atmosphere.

Itachi's brows raised, amused. "Did she? Well don't be so upset, Haru will come back soon—"

"Thank you auntie!!" Haru's giggling voice immediately had the Sasuke's gaze snapping over to her. Itachi's watchful eyes stayed put on his younger brothers face, and it took everything in him not to smirk at the way his cheeks reddened just a tad bit more. That—he couldn't blame on the cold.

"Sasu, Itachi, look! Isn't my hair so pretty?!" Haru exclaimed, running over to the two boys with a bright smile in her fluffy red pajamas (an early gift from Itachi himself)

Haru's snowy white hair had been transformed from it's usual silky straight texture; to a pattern of curls and ringlets that made her look like an actual little doll! And of course—with a red bow holding it all behind her, leaving her pearly hair to frame her little face.

Mikoto had nearly cried in the process of doing Haru's hair, maybe once or twice. She remembered how Luna—one of her closest friends, would practice on Rin's hair with this exact look; fantasizing over the day that she'd have her own daughter to dress up with.

Mikoto remembered how Luna was so sure that Haru would inherit Yuudai's dark, pretty hair while she was pregnant. (Although, she'd never dare let Yuudai know that's what she thought of his hair. His ego would somehow grow even greater!!)

It was to everyone's surprise when the long awaited Senju baby appeared with hair that resembled the snow outside, and Mikoto smiled, remembering how shocked Luna was to have her own mini-me in her arms.

Needless to say, Mikoto felt a bit emotional toying with that same hair her best friend longed for all those years ago.

Haru was none the wiser, a giddy smile on her lips as she felt Mikoto curl her long locks. "Auntie, do you think sasu is gonna like my hair?" She asked, blinking up at her curiously.

Mikoto smiled, a breathless chuckle escaping her lips. "I do, he always thinks you're pretty honey"

"He does?!" Haru wondered, perking up with raised brows. "I think he's pretty too! His eyes are the prettiest!" She giggled, the sound of her happiness slowly helping to heal the cracks in Mikoto's heart as she reminisced over her friends who have passed.

She had the same laugh as Luna—

"All done! why don't you go out and show him hm? I think he's a bit grumpy that I took you from him." Mikoto mused before her eyes could water any more.

So there they stood now. With Sasuke sat on the couch, his cheeks ablaze, itachi knelt by his side with a knowing smile, and Haru awaiting his response.

"I think it looks great, don't you Sasuke?" Itachi asked, turning to the boy who's cheeks might've resembled something like a cherry at this point.

"It's whatever.." Sasuke grumbled, not before snatching Haru's little hand and pulling her up with him on the couch "But don't let my mom take you from me again!! You're my friend, not hers."

"No, I'm your best friend! And auntie Mikoto is my auntie!!—"

"Either way you're supposed to spend time with me and!!—"

Itachi rolled his eyes at the two, Christmas and the premise of opening presents together long forgotten between the two of them.

Their bickering resembled something like a kitten and a puppy's generational feud, but when itachi's eyes caught onto the way their little hands were still clasped together, he couldn't help but chuckle.

They'd be alright, with or without him.

••••

Happy holidays everyone!! And omg, what'd you guys think of this mini Drabble? 🎄❤️

Idk if anyone caught it, but the fact that Haru curled her hair made her look exactly like what baby Ruki would've looked like in the future 😭😭

*so, when Sasuke was raising the twins on his own during Christmas I imagine he must've remembered this moment with Haru 🥲🥲

Bby Sasuke and haru were just the cutest wnwnw 😭❤️

Do their personalities here remind you of any of their kids? I love comparing all of them omg 😭

Did anyone else feel just how much Mikoto loved lil Haru? 😭 ugh my heart hurts just thinking abt them!

Pls and itachi?! He's known since the start WKWK

And that ending omg 🥲

As always, I hope you guys enjoyed! If you have any more thoughts, questions, requests, or opinions be sure to lmk in the comments!! 💖

See you all next chap!🎄🌹✨