A senju's Family / another sneak peak

Authors note: this one's crazy...be sure to comment and let me know what you think!

••••••

"Do you have any idea...as to what you've done?" Haru asks her son, the tremble in her voice not coming from a place of sadness, rather a barely constrained rage itching to burst out at its seams.
The atmosphere around them seems to tighten as if the very air was holding its breath, anticipating what might happen next. She can feel the rush of emotions swirling within her—anger, disappointment, and fear—as she gazes into Katsuro's unfazed expression.

Fear, at the realization that this boy, this boy who could so easily hurt his baby sister, is the same boy that showed Haru what unconditional love looked like from the second he entered her life 16 years ago. Her baby...

Katsuro maintains his blank stare, his crimson eyes that mirror her own are seemingly uninterested, almost apathetic. It only serves to fuel Haru's growing irritation. She knows that beneath his seemingly dull exterior, he hides something more sinister. It's a mocking tone that sends shivers down her spine.

"What did I do, mom?" he responds in a monotone, but the Senju can't be fooled by the surface-level facade. Her maternal instincts honed over the years enable her to discern the true emotions hidden beneath his words. This is a calculated act of defiance, a way to toy with her emotions and push her to her limits.

As every second ticks by, Haru's inner turmoil becomes more palpable. She feels a mix of frustration and heartache, hurt that it has come to this with her own son. Her fists clench tightly at her sides, her heart pounding fiercely as she battles the desire to unleash her emotions on him. In her heart, she longs to embrace him, to hold him close, but she knows that tough love is what he truly requires.

In the midst of her turmoil, Haru's love for Katsuro is unwavering. But it's this very love that makes it so hard for her to witness his defiance and detached demeanor. She wishes she could just break down the walls he's built around himself and show him the depth of her care. However, she knows that she must stay strong, for his sake. And most importantly, for Runa's sake

Katsuro's eyes flicker with a glimmer of satisfaction, and a sly grin tugs at the corner of his lips. He thrives on the power he wields over his mother's emotions, like a puppeteer controlling the strings of her heart. It's a twisted game he's played for far too long, deriving some strange satisfaction from pushing peoples buttons and watching them struggle.

But this time, Haru is determined not to be ensnared by his manipulation.

•••••

Omg...Haru finally has conflict with her baby Katsu?! (You just know she's dying inside)

For reference, this won't be the final text! There will be much more detail, and small edits here and there! But this is the genera dialogue of the scene 👀

This is just one tiny snippet (and the beginning) of this scene, do you have any predictions about this showdown between Haru and Katsuro?

Will Katsuro apologize to her?! Will he remain headstrong and rebellious?! Now we're starting to see some true character traits from Katsu, and it's not all pretty 😳

How do you predict Haru to be by the end of this conversation?!

Just a note, similar to Teenage Haru...some people are just morally grey 👀

The family ties are about to get real complicated...

Let me know how you're feeling!

Reminder, Katsuro truly does love his mother more than anyone, so if he's treating her like this, what could we expect for everyone else?! 😭

Haru's staying strong for Runa, but she's struggling so much, thoughts?

Let me know what you think! Your thoughts, opinions, predictions, theories, etc!

Thank you so much for stopping by, I'll see you all in the next chap! :)