Chapter12

Leah's POV

*********************

Three days.

It's been three days since Mason tried to mark me. Three days since I've been able to feel my wolf or connect with any of the pack.

Its like a piece of me has been ripped away... The pack doctor says he doesn't know what's wrong, why my human mind has somehow disconnected from my wolf.

The weirdest thing is that I miss Mason more than anyone... but.. I hate Mason. He did nothing but bully and mock me for years...

I hear the click of the door and Scar walks in, I grin excitedly... that is until I see who's behind him.

"Scar what the hell is he doing here?" I growl, glaring at Mason who instantly looks hurt which somehow makes me feel horrible.

"Leah... we might have a way to help you. The sedative they gave you... well its more than just a sedative. It... well it instigates a wolves heat. We believe you can't contact your wolf because she's using all of her energy to delay it..." Scar informs me, looking like he's sorry for me.

It takes a minute for the information to click.

"I'M GOING INTO HEAT?!" I screech, no freaking way.

Wolves don't go into heat until their nineteen or mated... this is... oh my god.

Scar winces and nods.

"B-but... I'm not nineteen!" even I can hear the desperation in my voice.

"I'm sorry Leah..." Scar says, biting his lip, "but there's more... If you don't mate in two days your wolf... well.. she might disappear entirely which... well it'll either kill you or make you a human... The doctor says that this is a one in a million chance, that most wolves automatically enter their heat cycle. I'm so sorry Leah.."

Its like I was slapped. How is this possible?!

"Wait. " I said slowly, glancing between him and Mason, "Why is he here...?"

Mason has been quietly watching me this whole time, looking worried. Scar frowns.

"Leah... he's your mate. I'm not going to let some random wolf mark you. "

It took me all of a second to see where this was heading.

"No way. I am NOT mating with Mason!" I growl, seeing Mason stiffen as his eyes darken slightly.

"Leah if you don't you could DIE!" Scar yells, "Do you think I'd let him anywhere near you if that wasn't the case?!"

He has a point but.... ugh.

"Besides," Scar glances at Mason, "You only have to let him mark you. Once he does the barrier between you and your wolf will be gone. "

"And I'll be in heat. Greeeeeeaaaaaaat." I mutter sarcastically.

Scar nods, then smiles slightly, "I'll er... leave you two to it then..."

He backs out of the room and closes the door.

I look at Mason, and he walks over and sits beside me.

He opens his mouth to say something when I cut him off.

"Don't Mason. Don't say your sorry because I'm not forgiving you. You made my life a living hell for YEARS. The only reason I'm letting you mark me is that I don't want to die." I growl, trying to ignore the pain in my chest being caused by the look in his eyes.

"I know Leah.... I..." he sighs and shakes his head, "Let's just get this over with..."

He leans forwards and gently pushes me down onto the bed. My heart races with a mixture of fear and anticipation as he leans his head down towards my neck.

"I truly am sorry for all the pain I caused you Leah." he whispers.

I open mouth to respond when his teeth pierce the skin of my neck. I closed my eyes, losing myself in the pleasure being marked causes.

"Leah..." I hear his voice purr in my head, "Leah you need to mark me."

He pulls his mouth off me, tilting his neck so I can see it. Instinctively I lean forwards and bite, claiming him.

Mine.

The word flows through my mind, followed by waves of emotions that weren't mine. Guilt. Sorrow. And above all the excitement of finally claiming his mate followed by his adoration or her... me.

Suddenly the connection breaks, and he looks down at me with pure black eyes, as a sudden overwhelming need for him rushes through me.

"Mason..." I whisper, and his eyes suddenly turn blue again and he gets up and off of me, backing away slowly.

"It worked." he whispers, "You're in heat. "

---------------------

o3o well?

What do you think?

I love hearing your thoughts so comment please! :D

Also should the next chapter be in Leah's POV or Mason's? Maybe a mix?

Votes are greatly appreciated