36| Dance

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Dance

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 36: Dance (Aaron's POV)

I was done getting ready for tonight but not Vanessa. 

Davidson had told us before we came to this trip to carry one formal outfit because he wanted the last dinner we have in Hawaii to be the best. To follow his orders, I put on black trousers with a black button-up and a black blazer. I forgot the tie though, so that's missing. 

I have no idea what Vanessa brought with her but I'll find out in a minute when she comes out of the bathroom. Vanessa went to Daisy's room earlier and came back with a hair straightener, which I'm sure is exactly what she's using right now. 

I was standing on the balcony. It was already dark out, the stars were glittering, scattered across the sky. From the looks of it, it was a full moon, and the moonlight even lit up the waves, I could faintly see them but the crashes were all I could hear. 

After checking the time, I figured I should give her a time check otherwise we'd be late. Locking the balcony door behind me, I headed towards the bathroom, knocking on the door. 

"It's open!" she called out. 

I pushed it open and leaned a shoulder against the doorframe, watching her in the mirror. 

"Hi," she smiled, "I'm almost done." 

I nodded, still not moving. 

"Oh, wait, before I forget. Could you please zip up the dress? I can't reach it." She flashed me a smile through the mirror. 

"Sure," I mumbled, walking over. I gathered her hair which had been pin-straight for the night and draped it over one shoulder. I looked away from her in the mirror and down at the zipper, a breath getting caught in my throat. I swallowed before clearing my throat and glancing at her in the mirror again. 

She raised her brows at me, grabbing a lipstick. 

I glanced down at the zipper again, pinching the dress right under it before I started tugging it up. 

Her dress had a low v-cut in the back with the zipper undone, it ended at her tailbone. The dress was silk and red, the perfect color for her. The straps of the dress that held it up on her shoulders were diamonds. The dress stopped an inch below her knees and made me weak in mine. Especially the slit up her right thigh. 

My knuckles grazed her spine as I moved up and I watched goosebumps erupt on her skin. I glanced at her in the mirror again, a smile tugging at my lips. My fingers moved past the hook of her bra and I closed up the zipper right there, my eyes holding hers through the mirror. 

"Don't you dare smirk at me, Aaron," she said, holding back a chuckle. 

"Fine. I won't." I moved forward, resting my hands on the counter right by her waist while my front pressed into her back. 

She zipped her makeup bag and then turned to me. She glanced at my clothes and then smiled, meeting my eyes again. "No tie?"