Part 19 | Heritage

"You have some interesting magic for an elf."

You and Loki were sitting opposite each other, practicing casting spells without a trace of your magic being seen. So far, you had succeeded in getting only a golden wisp to appear.

"What do you mean?"

Frigga was overseeing your lesson, giving corrections when needed.

"As you are probably aware, elves are known for possessing element based magic only."

You nodded, and saw Loki halt his practice out of the corner of your eye.

Frigga opened her mouth to say something, but closed quickly.

"Please tell me."

She sighed. "Don't take this the wrong way, but are sure you were born in Alfheim?"

You froze, looking up at her in shock.

"Y-yes, why do you ask?"

"Don't worry my dear, it could just be the universes interesting twist on your magic" she said kindly, patting your head.

"Now, I have a new thing for you two to learn."

—————————————-

Forty-five minutes later, you had mastered the messenger charm. Basically it meant that you could cast the spell, think of your message and send it to another magic user. It will appear in front of them, open up and they can read it.

"You can use this until your mind link opens up. Loki, stop sending little hearts to your girlfriend."

He grinned as you laughed, watching the little green hearts dancing around your head. He was much farther ahead of you in magic since Frigga had been training him since he was young.

"That's enough for today, y/n you must go prepare yourself for Round Six."

You nodded and thanked her. Jumping up, Loki offered you his hand again, instead not letting go when he'd pulled you up. You gave Frigga a small wave and wandered off, hand in hand. She smiled as she watched the two of you walking away.

"Are you ready Princess?" Loki asked when you reached Library doors. Smiling nervously, you nodded, wondering what it was going to be.

"Good luck" he said, giving you a small kiss on the cheek before shimmering away. Frigga promised to start teaching you how to do that next lesson.

You arrived at the gardens where you had been instructed to meet. You saw Sif and Vidar and walked over to join them.

"Alright competitors, listening up! There are only around twenty of you left, so the rounds are going to keep getting harder. Today is another randomised round."

"You have been partnered up at random. My assistant instructor will read out the pairs. Please stand when your name is called and find your partner. Your task today is a competition; successfully sedate one garden gnome each and bring them back with your partner. The first  seven pairs back will proceed to the next round."

"Let's partner you up!"

Everyone was handed a syringe filled with clear liquid. You then all sat on the path and waited your turn.

"Y/n and Asger!"

You stand and look around to find your partner. He was extremely tall with short blond hair. His blue eyes sparkled at you as you walked away, getting ready for the round.

"Hello darling" he said, taking your hand and kissing it.

You pulled it away and said quietly "It's nice to meet you Asger, please call me y/n"

Out of the corner of your eye you could see Loki, back ramrod straight, his jaw clenched.

When Asger's back was turned he sent you a small message.

"If he makes you uncomfortable in any way, punch him in the nose"

Smiling, you give a quick nod before turning back to your partner.

"Let Round 6 begin!"