Part 18 | Finally

You lay on your stomach, holding your book out in front of you.

There were two places you liked to read; your bed and the Library. Occasionally you you would wander out to the gardens and read there. Today you were on your bed, reading a book on Asgard.

There was a tentative knock at the door.

"Come in" you called, not looking up from the page. Loki stood in the doorway, Castor on his shoulder. Saphira shot up from her spot on your pillow and the two dragons frolicked around each other in the air.

"Sorry, Cas wanted to say hi" Loki said apologetically. You grinned. "That's ok, they are friends after all."

He wandered over and sat on the edge of your bed, stealing your book and reading a little bit.

"Why are you reading this?"

"So I'm ready for whenever it shows up in the literacy round, duh."

He rolled his eyes and shimmered it over to your desk.

He looked up at the creatures. You watched him as he looked at Castor, his eyes narrowing.

He sighed and glared at the dragon who was now flying in front of his face. "No Cas, I told you I'm not telling her that."

"Tell me what?"

By this point Saphira had flown over and was communicating with Castor. Eventually Cas turned back to Loki. The Prince rolled his eyes.

"I don't care if she agrees I'm not saying that. No offence Saphira."

Cas started blowing puffs of flame at Loki until he relented.

"Alright alright" he grumbled, poking the dragon in the stomach.

"What's going on?" You ask.

Loki went a bit red. "We'll, Cas wants me to tell you that Saphira and him are courting now."

"That's great!" You say, and the two little dragons begin to circle around your head.

"That's not the worst bit."

"What is?"

"He wants to know if we are courting yet."

"Oh."

Castor smacked Loki on the head with his tail.

"No Cas, I am not asking her."

This time Saph smacked him on the head.

"Saph stop it. Loki just tell me."

He rolled his eyes at the little green dragon. Castor was now zooming around Loki's head.

"Well, I was wondering if I could court you?" he said. It was your turn to blush.

"How do you still manage to still grin at me at a time like this?" You mumble, your face in your hands.

"It's a talent Princess now answer the question."

"Yes, I will court you Loki."

His face broke out into a full-blown smile, and he hugged you.

"Thank you" he whispered.

The two little dragons were squealing and flying around your heads. "Shut up Cas your giving me a headache" Loki mumbled into your hair.

You laughed. "What's he saying?"

"He's happy that I finally worked up the courage to ask you."

At that moment, Thor and Frigga burst in through the door. Thor was grinning and shouting with happiness while Frigga ran over and hugged the two of you.

"Finally!" She said.

"What do you mean finally?"

Frigga rolled her eyes.

—————————————————

"Now dear, sadly we cannot publicly announce your courtship until you have made it through Round Ten. By then you will be eligible for Loki to choose you as his suitor by Odin's rules, if you choose to do so."

You blanched. Frigga saw and rushed to explain.

"No no dear don't worry, when the Princes choose a suitor it only means eventually. You wouldn't have to get married for another century if you didn't want to" she said and you sighed in relief.

"What if I don't make it to Round Ten?" You fretted. Loki rolled his eyes.

"Number 1, you will and you know it, number 2, I will still choose you. It is only mandatory for us to choose a protector not a suitor."

"Thanks Peasant."

"Anytime Princess."

"Alright, now off to our lesson."