Part 6 | We Meet Again

Humming quietly to yourself, you moved between the rows of shelves in the Royal library. It was huge; there were hundreds upon hundreds of rows, all stretching up to reach the high ceiling. You stopped when you found an elegant looking book of Asgardian children's tales. It was a dark blue with gold patterning on the cloth.

"Those are some beautiful stories."

You gave a small yelp of surprise, causing the novel to fall from your hands. Before it could hit the floor, it was encased in a shimmer of gold as it hovered off the floor.

"Apologies My Prince, I was unaware of your presence" you said, giving a small bow. He merely nodded, his green eyes fixed intently on the book, still floating near your hand. "Where did you learn that?" he asked suddenly, finally looking up to meet your gaze.

"I was born with it, my Mother taught me what she knew about it before she passed" you explain, flicking you wrist and returning the book to the shelf.

"Interesting" he murmured, and you shifted slightly under his intense scrutiny. "You will do very well in the sorcery section of the battle" he added.

"Thank you My Prince, I hope so."

"Now, I am surprised to see such a skilled warrior in the library" he said, meeting your gaze once more. With a small smile, you explained how literature was very important to your Mother while your Father valued a warrior. Therefore, you tried to learn both as to not upset one.

He listened quietly as you explained, his frown growing deeper as you went on. A ball of worry began to build in chest. Did he not approve? Did he think you weak for trying to please your parents?

When you had finished, he stayed silent for a minute.

"Correct me if I'm wrong" he began, "But that would leave no time for activities of your personal choice?"

Surprised at his question, you slowly shook your head. "But that's ok, for I need to learn how to defend myself among other things, should I be chosen as protector."

"Or as a princess" he adds.

You scoff and turn back to the bookshelf. "As I stated yesterday, Princes never let their wives go on adventures as they are seen as 'weak'" you say, laughing bitterly. He gave a small smile at your stubbornness.

"As far as I'm concerned, I do not think you weak, nor does my brother or my Mother."

You whipped back around, causing Prince Loki to laugh at the look of shock on your face.

"The AllMother noticed me?" you ask, your face turning from shock into delight. He nodded, smiling, before it was his turn to look confused. "What about my brother?"

"What about him?" you ask as you continued browsing for a book. He frowned. "Are you not excited that he noticed you too?"

"Brains over brawn!" you sung out, picking out a book. Giving the Prince a small bow, you hurried off, a red blush tinting your cheeks.

Prince Loki watched you until you were out of sight, a small smile on his face.