Part 3 | The Battle Begins

"So what do you think about being able to be a suitor?"

You turn around to see a tall man with curly brown hair, brown eyes and olive skin looking at you, a smirk covering his features.

You roll your eyes in response. "I am only here to protect one of the Princes and have no interest in getting married now or ever" you reply, spinning on your heel and continuing up the path.

"I'm Vidar by the way, who might you be?" "Y/n" "Cool."

You and Vidar walked in a comfortable silence for the rest of the trip, both wondering what the first task would be. When you got there, you saw a large sparring arena.

"Welcome!" shouted a tall man with many scars.

"I am your instructor. The first task is a battle. All of you will be split into groups of ten, and put into the arena. You will then fight, aiming to disarm, not to kill. The last person standing will be accepted into the next round. Please put on your armour and choose your weapons."

You shimmered yourself into your green and gold armour, catching Vidar's eye.

"Ooh, I see we have sorcerer. Good luck in battle, m'lady" he said, bowing and walking away with a grin on his face.

———————————

After everyone was sorted, there were about 50 groups, and with a small pang of worry, you realised just how many people there were.

You watched as group after group fought, one person remaining victorious each time.

Eventually it was your turn.

———————————

"Who let a girl in here?"

Laughs echoed around the arena as the man smirked at you.

"You may as well leave now sweetheart, you wouldn't want to get hurt."

Rolling your eyes, you replied, "Try me."

One of the downsides about this competition was the lack of female competitors. Out the approximate five hundred people, only around 150 were ladies, meaning no one took you seriously.

He laughed, and said "Whatever, don't come crying to me after I injure you."

Conjuring two daggers, you snarl "I'll count on it."

————————-

"Look brother, she's wearing your colours."

Loki raised his eyes from the ground to see a small female standing with her arms folded, rolling her eyes at tall man in front of her.

"Whatever, don't come crying to me after I injure you" he scorned.

Flicking her arms down, she conjured two daggers, snarling "I'll count on it."

"Fiesty" he replied, turning to Thor to see him gazing at Sif. "You do know that you can court someone Thor? Why don't you choose Sif?" His brother turned sharply, pulling himself out his reverie. "I hold no feelings for Lady Sif, she is only a friend" he replied. "Sure sure" Loki mumbled, causing Thor to nudge him in the side.

"Let the battle, begin!"