New Year's Kiss (Early New Year's Special!)

Fluff

Non-Despair AU

Yes, I know, it's a bit early, but since I was late for Christmas, I decided to be early for New Year's

I'll also try to publish a new chapter more often since it's almost been a month since I published my last one

Enjoy!

On New Year's Eve, in a small apartment complex, Hope's Peak High School's class 77-B was having the time of their lives for the last few hours of the year.

They were also having an early birthday party for their friend, Hajime Hinata, so the class was going pretty wild.

But hey, at least they weren't drinking this time!

Their classmate, Ibuki Mioda, invited the whole class for a New Year's party at her apartment. 

"You guys better come, or else I'll make sure that none of you ever have a party with me again!!" Ibuki had said, trying to sound scary and threaten them.

Luckily for Ibuki, everyone had come to the party.

Anyways, most of them at the party were just watching the clock on the news, while a few others were either making food, helping make food, or eating the food.

Even Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu, mostly known as "Baby Gangsta" to most of the class, wasn't being the mostly antisocial classmate everyone knows, and was instead joking around and talking with his classmates.

His best friend, Kazuichi Soda, didn't exactly find this behavior unusual, but this was indeed a rare sight. He was usually talking to barely anyone and almost never said anything.

10 minutes till the countdown, Fuyuhiko's stomach began to turn into a knot. He and Kazuichi had previously discussed a certain New Year's tradition where if you're awake on New Year's Eve at midnight, you would often kiss someone to give them good luck for the new year. 

Kazuichi had said he was probably going to kiss someone then, and Fuyuhiko had felt sick to his stomach. He actually developed feelings for Kazuichi a while ago, and this whole "New Year's Kiss" thing had him worried. He knew that Kazuichi had the biggest crush on their classmate, Sonia Nevermind, and who wouldn't? She was pretty, nice, smart, not to mention a princess. No way Kazuichi would choose Fuyuhiko over such a beautiful princess like Sonia. 

"Fuyuhiko? Helloooo? Earth to Fuyuhiko?"

Fuyuhiko got snapped out of his thoughts by none other than Kazuichi, and tried to play it cool. 

"O-Oh, sorry, Kaz.. I got distracted.. heh.." D*mmit, I must've done it again! Ugh, he probably think I'm stupid..

"It's fine, I was just gonna say, are you okay? You seemed kind of out of it.. plus, your face is all red."

The only excuse that could come to Fuyuhiko's mind was to act dumb, so that's what he did.

"I-It is? Oh, well, it's kinda hot in here, isn't it?'

"Yeah, kinda..hey, look! Only a minute left!!"

Once Kazuichi got that last sentence out, everyone almost went crazy. The only one who didn't go crazy was Fuyuhiko,  who was very tense. He was pretty good at hiding it, though, so no one noticed. 

No one except Kazuichi.

Before Fuyuhiko knew it, everyone in the room was counting down the seconds.

"10...9...8...7...6...5...4..."

Fuyuhiko was the only one who wasn't counting, and his eyes filled with tears while everyone was. He didn't dare look at his crush kissing Sonia, but he didn't need to. At that moment, he felt a soft pair of lips on his, and his eyes shot open to see his own crush kissing him. 

He slowly closed his eyes, and leaned into the kiss, still hearing his classmates counting down.

"...3..2..1...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!" 

When they broke the kiss, both of them were smiling bright and hugging each other. Everyone else was at this point cheering so loud Fuyuhiko could've sworn he felt blood come out of his ears. Some other students were exchanging kisses, most of them towards Hajime since it was technically his birthday.

Since everyone was way too hyped up to go home, Ibuki decided to let them stay over and sleep wherever there was room available. Fuyuhiko and Kazuichi were sleeping on the couch, and before he fell asleep, Fuyuhiko finally let out, "Happy New Year...Kaz.....".

Kazuichi gave Fuyuhiko another hug and said, "Happier New Year.." before he fell asleep too.

In the end, though, everyone who kissed Hajime got herpes and had to lay on the floor with a cold compress for hours.

Moral of the story: don't kiss Hajime he has STI's

The End!~

So finally I finished this part

Since I'm running very low on inspiration and motivation, I might have to take a little break from this story, and I'm not entirely sure the next time I'll update

But I promise I won't be like those other writers and not update till 2024

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year!

Most importantly, I hope you enjoyed!