My Girl - Chapter Nineteen

Start from the beginning

My first meeting was with Cailum about something he had heard a few guys at the bar discussing.

I decided on going by myself instead of one of my drivers taking me. I rarely obeyed traffic laws so I made it to the club in just a few minutes.

"Well if it isn't The Devil himself" I heard Cailum say from the bar when I walked in.

Since we were closed, seeing as it was so early in the morning, only a few janitors and bartenders were here to clean up from last nights crowd.

"Shut up Cailum." I told him while I took a seat on the opposite side of the bar while he wiped out the glasses that were used last night. "What did you need to talk to me about?"

"I don't get a 'hi' or a 'how have you been brother?' first?" He asked.

"It's too early for your bullshit. I could still be in bed." Being the youngest brother of three Cailum was always the 'annoying little brother' and he played that role perfectly.

Cailum just flipped me off as he put a glass down.

"Anyway about what I heard, there were two guys who came in two nights ago and were sitting down at the end of the bar," He pointed down the left side of the counter. "and they were talking about your girl."

Davina?

"Davina is not 'my girl'." I corrected him.

"And yet you knew exactly who I was talking about." He laughed.

"Fuck off and tell me what they said or how the hell they even know who Davina is." I was getting impatient. The mission she was on now and future missions could be compromised if people knew her.

"Calm down I'm getting there. The other night was pretty slow so I was talking to these two dudes, ya know being friendly. One of em kept talking about this girl he met, but I didn't think anything of it until last night." He paused for a second. A more serious look taking over his features.

"Last night when you got me into Risqué to keep an eye on Davina, I saw the same two guys there. You never told me who Davina was going after, but the guy she was with was the one from two night ago."

Giovanni.

First he had the balls to stay in my hotel, and I let it slide. Then he had the balls to go into my club and talk about Davina.

While it did anger me that Giovanni thought he could walk all over enemy territory without any consequences, I still didn't see the urgency of this meeting.

" So what he was talking about her? They had met that morning anyway." I said slightly annoyed that my time was being wasted.

"Matteo, two nights ago he told the other guy he was with that he wanted to know everything about her. He told him to search for her and said that she lived in your building." It was almost as if a switch flipped in my brain at his words.

"I'm gonna fucking kill him." I was starting to snap. "You should have called me the second you heard Davina's name come out of his dirty ass mouth. I mean what were you thinking waiting two days to tell me. Do you know how much information those two could find on her in two days, especially knowing she's in my building?"