Car Ride - Chapter Six

Davina King

Not many words have been exchanged between Kian and I since we left Matteo's building. In my head, I couldn't help but think it was kind of weird because after seeing how he was with Matteo, you would think Kian would be more talkative. Maybe it was just because he didn't know me. Maybe it was because he didn't like me, but if he didn't like me then why would he offer to take me to my place?

Unlike where Matteo's building is, I don't live on one of the nicer sides of New York. Where I live is the run down, you feel like you might get shot at or robbed at any moment, part of New York. I didn't hate it though. While it wasn't necessarily an ideal place, it was somewhere you learned to love after a while.

People on the nicer sides of the city were rich, stuck up, rude and bitchy. The people in my part of the city where fairly nice and humble. We all knew that we didn't have much but most were okay and happy with what they have. I guess it reminded me a lot of where I grew up because it was kind of a similar place. As much as I couldn't wait to leave my home state of New Jersey, it was nice to be somewhere that could give me the same feeling as home.

I had given my address to Kian when we had first gotten into his car so he knew where to go. It had taken us about forty-five minutes to get there because of typical New York City traffic, but eventually we pulled up out front of my small apartment building that only had six different apartments inside.

As we were walking in I waved to my landlord that sat at the small front desk that looked as if it could collapse at any given moment, then headed up the stairs to my apartment. I walked in first with Kian right behind me. What I wouldn't give to be able to just sleep in my own bed for a few hours to clear my mind of the past day. However I knew we didn't have time nor would Kian allow me to do so.

"If you wanna wait here I can quickly grab a few bags and then we can leave." I said to him as we entered the living room.

I wanted to be able to pack my belongings alone so I could just be quick and grab what I needed without hearing anything from Kian, but of course he couldn't just let me do that. With a small smirk on his face he finally spoke, "No I can help."

With him I knew I wouldn't hear any shit about it, so I rolled my eyes and then made my way into my room with him following behind me.

I grabbed three bags from my closet and started to put things like clothes, shoes, perfumes, hair products, and some jewelry that I'd like to wear often. Even though he said he would help, Kian just sat on one side of my bed and watched me do everything. That was until I started to pack my underwear and bras.

When I opened the drawer he took note of what was in it, and then got up to take a closer look for himself. He grabbed a pair of black lace underwear and held them up with a smile. "So when will I get to see you in these?" 

I honestly wanted to smack him for not only the comment but the fact that he was touching my stuff. With another roll of my eyes, I snatched them from his hands and put them in one of the bags. "Never in your wildest dreams."

He acted like he was hurt by my words as he put his hand over his heart and gave me puppy dog eyes. "Oh come on. I'm not that bad, and you can't even deny that you don't fine me attractive." That god damn smirk was right back on his face.

That must be a family thing because Matteo's looks the same way.

I gave him a questioning look, waiting for him to continue. "Oh please, don't look at me like that. I saw you looking at me head to toe when I came into Matteo's place."