23 - Jack Could Have Lived

Start bij het begin

The border alarm would've rung.

Dick sighed, walking out and shutting the door. He was ready to go inform Bruce about it, right until he noticed the light spilling out in the room next to Damian's. Dick knew it was Marinette's room, seeing as he was the one who suggested they be placed here.

"Marinette?" he whispered, only to get no answer. Dick twists the doorknob, knowing the girl had probably locked it. But to his surprise, it was left unlocked. The ravenette looked around, seeing the TV playing a movie.

One which he had seen a million times.

Mission Impossible: Fallout.

It was Damian's favorite movie, apart from Terminator: Genesis, but of course, the brunette had always denied that. Dick looked at the sofa, where he expected Marinette to be awake, watching the movie.

And to his surprise, again, the girl was fast asleep, snuggled into Damian. Wait... Damian? Dick did a double-take, flailing and almost slamming into the wall behind him. He leaned against the wall, rubbing his eyes.

When he stopped, Damian was still there, cuddled up to the one thing the brunette said he hated the most; girls. Dick had to stifle his laugh at the irony. He then brought out his phone, clicking photos.

"Jason's going to flip when he sees this."

.......

"Aww...This is so cute."

"Shut it, you're gonna wake them up."

"I can't help it. They are too cute."

Groaning.

"Shh."

Silence.

"What the fuck are you doing here?"

Silence again.

Loud chattering around me was the first thing I could comprehend once I became conscious again. I snapped my eyes open, looking up at the ceiling. "What's going on?" I ask sleepily, trying to get up. But I couldn't, because there was a hand on my waist.

Déjà vu.

When I looked to the side, the only thing I could see were deep green eyes, although those eyes weren't focused on mine, but on something on the side. I instinctively turned my head, to see many people standing there.

It took me a minute to recognize their faces, but I recognized them alright. Everyone was there. Dick, Tim and Stephanie stood at the front of the crowd along with Jason, who seemed to be fuming while Barbara held him back.

Behind them stood Alya and the gang, and behind them, stood the class. Surprisingly, but not so surprisingly, Alfred stood at the door, holding it open for the people who hadn't gotten inside, like Bruce.

Dick was snickering, and I could only assume it was at Damian. Tim, on the other hand, brought up his phone, clicking a picture. The flash blinded both me and Damian, who were the subjects of the said picture.

Damian hissed, shutting his eyes and pulling me closer to him, as if to block the light. Once I got used to the light, I turned around, making eye-contact with Chloe and Alya, who seemed to notice what was going on.

"What the hell, Drake?" Damian seethed, pushing the comforter away and sitting up, letting go of me in the process. I copied Damian's actions, staring at Dick and Tim, confused.

"Damian."

Jason's voice boomed through the room. "What are you doing with Pixie, in her room, so close to her?" he asked again, breaking out from Barbara's grip. Damian frowned, then going back to his emotionless face.

"We watched a movie and fell asleep."

A series of gasps filled the room, ending with a small chuckle from Tim. "From when do you watch movies with people?" he asked, to which Damian just shrugged. "Since yesterday." he said.

"What did you watch? Mission Impossible again? Aren't you sick of that movie yet?" Dick let out, clearly amused. "No, I didn't." Damian denied. Although we did watch Mission Impossible, we did watch Titanic before that, so technically, he wasn't lying.

"Then what did you watch?"

"Titanic."

"Tita- what? You watched what?"

Damian's answer to Dick's question shocked everyone, Jason being the only one to choke on his spit. As the Wayne brothers stood stupefied, Alya and Chloe were busy wiggling their eyebrows at me, trying to indicate something.

Damian scoffed.

"This is stupid. I'm leaving." says Damian, slipping off the sofa and storming out of the room. Bruce followed his son, muttering something about being late to work. Alfred left the door open, following Bruce out.

"What?" I ask.

Dick and Tim shrug in unison, snickering at nothing in particular, before walking out. Stephanie just sighs, pulling Barbara out with her. Jason stares at me for a minute. "That brat better stay away from you." he says, pointing at me.

I raise my hands in surrender, as Jason walks out, promising me that he would give Damian a 'good talking to'. Just as the Wayne's left, I noticed the rude and accusing stares the class were giving me.

Lila looked broken.

"Get a hint. The door is that way." I say, pointing at the door. "I- what?" Lila whispers, as if no one had rejected her before. "Whatever." says Alix, dragging her best friend out, the class following.

"Don't worry, Lila. Marinette's a wh*re." Alix consoled, to which I just scoffed in amusement. When they left, Alya and the gang were still standing there, amusement in each of their faces.

"Someone's getting laid soon."

"Mari is finally going to get a boyfie~"

"Of all people, him, Mari? Good choice-"

"Okay, okay. Shut up." I say, blocking out all the teases and snickers let out by my friends. "Get out. I need to change." I say, to which no one moved. Adrien opened his mouth to say something, but I cut him off.

"Get them out before I tell Kagami what you did, Blondie." I threatened Adrien, to which he gulped, shooing everyone out. Kagami questioned Adrien about what I had said, to which the blonde tried to stutter out a response.

Alya was the only one who stayed.

I raised an eyebrow. "I'm going." she said, walking out, stopping right at the door. Alya turned back, raising her eyebrow to match my own.

"About Damian, do you-"

"Alya!" I screeched.

The brunette's laughter echoed through the halls.

.......

[Q.] Any K-pop fans here?