XII - What Went Wrong

[3rd person POV]

Phi pushed the mini white board on wheels that Ms Suzuki used to write on to the living room. Aiger, Hyde, Kyle, Count Nightfell and Evel were sitting on the sofas, anticipating Phi's very-much-needed explanation of whatever the fuck happened about two years ago.

As he finished wheeling the whiteboard towards them, he dusted his hands. He took a deep breath in, "Ready?"

"Ready!" Aiger answered, rather enthusiastically.

"Yup," Kyle added on. Phi gave a small smile before turning to face the white board.

"Now, I suppose I shall begin..."

_________________________

Almost two years ago, a few months before Aiger made his debut as a blader:

Phi stormed out of the Dread Tower, eyes brimming with tears. 

"I'm so weak. I'm so stupid. I'll never be like them, right? All my gimmick ideas are so stupid! I'm stupid!" he whimpered to himself as he walked out into the streets. He clutched his coat tighter as a cold breeze blew against him.

He didn't know where he was going, all he wanted to do was get away from them for a while. Even though they were usually nice to Phi, doesn't mean that they were never mean to him sometimes as well.

"I don't know, Phi. A projectile armor? Sounds kind of... stupid, not gonna lie," were Count Nightfell's words.

"Bruh, how are you even gonna use it? Aren't burst stoppers the same? If you look at it with the 'an extra burst you have to get through' perspective, that is. And I don't really think it's logical to think that you'd be able to aim for the armor while in the stadium. Especially at your current skill level, I don't think you'd be able to correctly aim or control your bey to use the armor. You'd be sabotaging yourself," were Evel's words.

Hyde was too unbothered to pay attention to what he was saying. So Phi had stopped mid-explanation and walked away.

Kyle simply laughed, "Bro I swear your gimmick ideas keep getting funnier! The first was a weird infinite lock system. The second was a rubber 'wings' that would somehow pop out of a disc, and now a projectile armor? HAHA!"

Phi grunted angrily as all those words repeated over and over again in his mind. He was so filled in rage that he hadn't noticed that he walked into an empty, eerie alley.

"Little boy, something making you angry?" A hoarse voice said from behind. Phi swiftly turned around. A man who seemed to be in his late 50s sat on the ground. He wore a strange maroon cloak and his face seemed pretty scarred. Beside him lay a old leather bag.

"Yeah, actually," Phi mumbled, raising a brow.

"Little boy, I have something that might help you get your desired vengeance," he said, a small smile curving on his lips. 

"Vengeance?" Phi asked.

"I can see it in your eyes, boy. You want to get back at the ones who wronged you," he said, the man seemed to have an odd glow around his iris.

"I guess," Phi said, "But I think you're trying to kidnap me," Phi said, slowly taking a few steps back from him.

"Nothing of that sort," he said. He opened the leather bag pulled out a black stone from it, "Stones like these have spirits who will help you in your goal."

Phi stopped stepping back, "What do you mean?"

"These stones have spirits locked into them. Once unlocked, they help the person with whatever goal they need. Although, the spirit you unlock must be based on your goal," he replied. Although what he was saying seemed quite shady, A friendly aura and smile had deceived the blader already.