IV - My Parents

Hyde clicked on our mother's contact and pressed video call. He adjusted the volume to max and then pointed the camera towards me.

"What no you talk first!" I said and turned the camera towards him. Hyde rolled his eyes and obliged.

"You do know that they really want to talk to you right? It's been more than half a year," He said. But before I could respond my parents picked up their phone the other end.

"Hello!" Our mother's happy voice was heard. Our father then came into view on screen as well.

"Hello," Hyde said with a small smile.

"How are you dear?" Ma asked Hyde.

"I'm good, but I called regarding Ms Suzuki," Hyde said.

"Oh she I got a miscall from her since I was in a meeting. What happened?" Pa asked.

"I apologize for not saying this earlier but she's not treating Phi well and was playing favorites," Hyde said. Our parents faces became dead serious.

"Dear, what did she do?"

And then he told her about the whole shenanigan blah blah blah what's the point of me repeating it you.

"She keeps choosing me over him! I remember once he locked himself in his room after something she said last month" He continued. Oh so he did remember that. I thought he wouldn't have noticed I disappeared.

"Hyde dear, where's Phi? I want to see him. Please." Ma said. She sounded very concerned.

Hyde without any warning turned the camera towards me. Well frick.

"Phi dear," Ma trailed off.

"H-hello," my voice broke.

"Oh dear, it's been so long," she said with a sad smile, "How are you Phi?"

"I'm well umm- other than the Ms Suzuki thing I'm okay," I replied.

"Why didn't you guys tell us earlier?" Pa asked.

"Because I don't want to burden you and all, you're so busy," I said.

"No Dear, for you two we will fly over there this instant. We didn't do so yet because we thought you're alright," Pa said. Ma nodded. I simply looked away from the camera.

"Ma, Pa, please get rid of her," Hyde said, "And oh, today since I got fed up of her I told her to get out,"

Ma's jaw dropped, Pa grinned.

"Yes, that's my son! My sons will not be messed with," Pa said proudly. Hyde and I chuckled.

"Phi dear go to the mirror, I want to see you properly. It's been so long," Ma said. I took the phone to the bathroom and reversed the camera so that they could see my reflection on the big mirror. I could see her lips curve into a smile.

"My son is beautiful!" She said.

I took a look at my reflection as well. I had luscious curly hair, lovely eyes and an amazing fashion sense. My mother is damn right about me being beautiful.

"Don't believe Ms Suzuki dear, she's jealous that you look way better than her," Pa said.

"Thank you," I gushed. I handed the phone back to Hyde.

"WHAT ABOUT ME I'M BEAUTIFUL TOO!" He whined.

"Yes dear, you are both beautiful," Ma chuckled.

"Oh look who's calling," Pa said, and showed us the screen on his phone. It was none other than Ms Suzuki. Pa accepted the call and put it on speaker mode for us to hear.