III - The Dread Tower Gang

"Heyyo," Kyle greeted and waltzed in, followed by Evel.

"Yo," Hyde greeted back while I just waved.

"Where's Nightfell?" I asked.

"Oh the usual,"

Hyde face palmed. Phantom thief Count Nightfell seemed to be  out stealing beys again.

"I have changed my mind, I feel that something's drawing me here," a voice said out of nowhere. I turned around and looked up to see Count Nightfell hanging from the ceiling.

"What do you mean?" Kyle asked, raising a brow.

"Tea," Count Nightfell said as he jumped off the ceiling and landed gracefully.

"Earl we're out of tea-"

"One, It's Count Nightfell, and two - I meant Tea as in something interesting that happened."

"Ooh that tea," I said, I could feel a sly smirk on my face.

"Well, is there 'tea'?" Evel asked. Hyde nodded his head vigorously and started giggling. I began giggling too. All three of them swiftly took a seat beside us and listened intensely.

Yes, we were just a bunch a gossipy boys who live in a big house. Nothing too special, y'know.

"Do tell," Kyle said, his chin resting on his hand.

"We told off Ms Suzuki today," Hyde started off.

"Well, you did, I sat there in shock," I said.

The three of them 'ooh'ed and we continued,

"She was harassing Phi for being girly, it's been going on for a while but today was the last straw," Hyde said.

The other three now had a more serious expression on their faces.

"I told her to stop, but then she said 'respect you elders'. I hit her with the 'respect is earned'," He said proudly. Ugh this dude's ego-

"Ooh damn, go get 'em," Kyle said.

"And then he told her to get out. It was so dramatic," I said. Hyde chuckled.

"And then you know what happened after that? Phi hugged me. Ew," Hyde said. I slapped his shoulder.

"That's good tea. But in all seriousness, why didn't you guys tell us? Or even got rid of her earlier?" Count Nightfell asked.

I hesitated, "Well, I just didn't think of it. I just didn't want to cause problems," I trailed off.

"What problem? Look Phi, she's the problem, not you," Hyde said, "And and oh, Phi cried on my shoulder!"

I groaned and faced the other direction and rubbed my temples.

"Ah I knew the old Phi was still in there somewhere. Always the crybaby and forever loves hugs," Count Nightfell said.

I tried to hide my smile but the Evel pulled my towards him for a hug. Hyde, Kyle and Count Nightfell joined in too.

My heart felt light and I could feel my smile getting wider, so wide that me cheeks hurt. For some reason everything seemed so much brighter.

Yes, I began crying again.

"I'm so horrible. Yesterday I locked myself in my room and cried because I thought y'all didn't care and thought of me as a burden. I can't believe I got too emotional over Hyde demanding that I go out myself," I said, in between ugly sobs.

"So that's what you were doing in there for sixteen hours!" Hyde said. He chuckled and ruffled my hair.

"But, you're right. I can't be afraid of them my whole life. I have to go out some point," I admitted. Hyde nodded.

"You know what? Let's all go together somewhere this weekend!" Count Nightfell suggested. That indeed sounded cool but scary.

"Yeah that sounds fun," Kyle said.

"Maybe we should change our outfits and hair a bit so people won't recognize us so easily and hate on us," Evel suggested. I nodded vigorously.

"YES! Hairstyling time!" Hyde cheered and clapped excitedly.

They began chatting on about going out this weekend. They all seemed to be bubbling with excitement, as always.

I left for like, half a year and I return to the same old Dread Tower Gang. Never change, will they? haha.

"Join the conversation," Kyle said and dragged me closer to them by the arm. I rolled my eyes but inside I wanted to cry again.

Man sometimes I feel so stupid. I've got these dimwits here, don't I? I keep forgetting about the fact they do seem to care for me. I want to tell them everything, but I fear it's gonna make us part.

I guess I should be happy with what I have now. I love them.

______

A/N: Hey y'all :D I know the main arc of the book hasn't started yet, but how do you guys find the quality of writing so far? Do you guys prefer longer chapters? Do let me know!!

And thanks for reading all the way up to here :) I can't believe people are actually reading this lol

See ya soon and have a pleasant day/evening ahead.

   - Solo