Venus's magic

Venus was with the kids playing all kinds of games, hide and seek, hop scotch, doing the girls hair. she mostly played with the girls since the boys were more interested in things like riding the hoverboard or playing catch. the boys ended up teaching Venus how to ride it. she almost had it but ended up almost falling off, she caught herself by using her magic that was light purple. Venus's magic color mostly depended on the intensity of her emotions. the children soon noticed and start to ask her to do crazy tricks. she then started to scare them by teleporting in different spots. she then created fake figures like animals and characters from books of all kinds. after she used her magic for too long she layed down since she was tired from using most of her energy. her thoughts were cut off by footsteps coming near her and stopping next to her head. "are you okay?" a small voice asked. Venus looked up and saw sunny looking down at her with a confused look. "yeah, just tired." Venus said with a small smile. sunny then sat next to Venus and watched the other kids play and bicker at the same time, but soon they stopped when the entrance door opened revealing Ekko and his crew coming back. Venus sat up and saw that they were carrying Vi and Cait with sacks over their heads. Venus shook her head with an amuse huff.

sunny ran to her friends to play as Venus stood up. she noticed the man from before who took off her blindfold from earlier. the man held a baby in his arms who was crying. he walked up to her and stood next to her. "Ekko seems to trust you." he said in a deep voice. Venus nodded as he continued to talk. "so, you think we can trust the enforcer?" he asked as he tried calming the baby down but continued to fail. "yes, Cait is a bit clueless but she means well." Venus said noticing the mans struggle. "names Scar." Scar said as the child calmed down finally. "Venus." said with a warm smile. before their conversation could continue someone shouted Venus's name. "Venus!." Venus looked up to see Vi's relived face. "hey." Venus said calmly with a wave. Vi and Ekko eventually met up with Venus. "well, since I sort of trust you both, what about the piltie." Ekko spoke with an offensive tone which caused Venus to glare at him. "you can release Cait, she not a huge threat. well not one you have to worry about right now." Venus said calmly. Vi nodded in agreement as Ekko sighed. Ekko and a boy with a mask on walked away as Vi took Venus's face to see if she was hurt. "Vi I don't think Ekko would have hurt me that badly." Venus said with a small smile. Vi just nodded as she took Venus's hand and followed Ekko.

"what have you done to Vi and Venus?" Cait yelled. Vi and Venus stood in the hallway listening. Ekko didn't reply but signaled the boy who got Cait water to leave. "Listen let them go, I'm the one that brought them here. It's me you want." Cait said with a desperate tone. "Oh our hero." Venus said as her and Vi leaned against the door way on each of Ekko's sides. "But I thought they were hurting you!" Cait exclaimed loudly. "Ve says I can trust you, you get a pass back top side that's it." Ekko said offensively as Venus rolled her eyes. "come on, cat." Venus said as Ekko and Vi gave her a shocked look.

the four were in front of the wall of loved ones talking. "It's beautiful." Cait says as she gestures to Ekko's and the firelights home. "if your people had your way, it'd be rubble and ash." Ekko spat as Venus aggressively elbowed him. "It's a misunderstanding. they think you work for Silco." Cait said as Ekko gave her an offended look. "your people hunt us like animals, Silco pays them to do it." Ekko said as he march forward getting in Cait's face. "that's not possible, you're wrong." Cait said as she wasn't budging from Ekko's stare. "say that one more time." Ekko threatened as his eyes narrowed. Venus than grabbed Ekko's arm and put her hand on his chest to push him backwards as Vi got in between the two. "Ekko, she believes what she's saying, okay? She's not your enemy." Vi said. "oh yeah? than what's this?" Ekko scoffed as he went into his pocket and grabbed the gemstone and lifted up. "You got it. You have to let me take that back." Cait said eagerly as Venus sighed tiredly. "what is it? " Vi asked. "It's a magical gemstone. It was stolen on progress day by Powder." Venus answered. "It's why the enforcers are more aggressive as of late." Venus added as she looked at Ekko. "We could beat Silco with this." Ekko said giving Venus a pleading look. Vi and Cait looked at each other noticing Ekko's change of demeaner. "Don't ask me like I know." Vi whispered as Cait nodded. "It won't solve things." Venus said quietly. "easy for you to say, your people aren't dying all around you." Ekko snapped aggressively which caused Venus to flinch a bit. Ekko stepped away from Venus, with an offended yet betrayed look on his face, but his face than turned to guilt as he saw Venus look down in sadness and awkwardness. "Ekko, it's wrong what's been done to you. You'd be well within your rights to keep it. I couldn't blame you. But... if you do, this cycle of violence will never stop. This is our best shot at setting the record straight. This city needs healing. More than I ever realized. Please, let us help you." Cait said as she stood in between Venus and Ekko. "you got a plan?" Ekko asked as he looked at Venus with sympathetic eyes, as if trying to apologize. "we have a friend on the council. He'll listen to us, you people wouldn't have to hide anymore." Cait said. Ekko look down deep in thought thinking on what to do. "one condition, I'm the one that give it to them." Ekko said sternly as Cait nodded. "we travel by night, it's easier." Vi said as Ekko and Cait nodded. 

After a while of just hanging out and getting to know people Venus finally sat down on some steps near the painted wall and put her head down. she looked up soon when she her footsteps approaching her. she turned around and saw a Tired and stressed Ekko. Ekko sat down next to her with a sigh. the two sat in silence for a minute until Ekko spoke. "I'm sorry." Venus looked at Ekko with a confused look. "what are you sorry about?" Venus asked with a small smile. Ekko looked at her with a conflicted look. "I'm sorry for snapping at you earlier. I know how much you hate people yelling." Ekko said as he studied her face. "It's fine." She responded as she looked away from her. "no it's not. god why do you do that?" Ekko asked. "what?" she said looking at him. "you always say it fine when it's not fine, I hurt you and I was supposed be there for me." Ekko said as he looked down. Venus went silent as she looked down, she didn't know how to respond. she could feel Ekko staring at her. "I never meant for it to sound like that." She said as she continued to look down. she tried to stand but was dragged down by Ekko from her hand. this time Ekko fully turned his body to Venus who looked at him confused. "I've been think-" Ekko started but was cut off by Venus. "I hate it when you think and then proceed to pull me into your mess." She said with a small smile. "we're not kids anymore. can I finish?" Ekko asked with a small smile. Venus nodded as he began to talk again. "I've been think um, that when this is all over. you could stay here in the lanes. hell, here with us firelights." Ekko said as he looked at the girl in front of him with bright eyes. Venus looked at him with a smile as he continued. "I mean I miss you and you belong here with your people. we could use your help." Venus looked at him in surprised. "you miss me?" she said as she smiled. Ekko looked at her for a moment dumbfounded. "well, yeah you were and still are my best friend. I mean your more than a friend to me." Ekko said but then realized what he said. "I mean not like that. uh, uh." Ekko said as he was thinking of the words. "Ekko." Venus said softly catching the boys attention. she always done that since they were kids, and god did Ekko love it. "I know what you mean. and I don't think I can, by law I am Mrs. Kiraman is my leagal guardian. I wouldn't be able to be here." Venus said as Ekko look at her with disappointment. "it's ok, but can you at least visit from time to time. I think I'll go crazy without you." Ekko said with a laugh as her put his forehead up against hers. "I'll visit when I can, and you'll live when I'm gone." Venus replied with a smile. Ekko gave her a small smile and lean in a little closer. "yo, love birds!." Vi yelled from the background as Cait hit her head. "as much as I would love for you two to get it on, we need to leave." Vi said as Cait hit her again. Venus ignored Vi and stood up and walked towards Scar who was waiting at the entrance. he smirked at her and Ekko who stood next to her. Venus blushed slightly  as she continued on while Ekko glared at Scar. "let's get this over with." Venus and Vi said at the same time.