XXVIII. CARPE SYNTHEHOL

Thursday couldn't have come sooner

Hilariously, I wasn't the only one who fell asleep in the common room Tuesday night--which led to an awkward walk of shame the next morning when Pucey decided to take pity and wake us up on his way to breakfast. It was fun, though; especially when we got over all the messy personal shit and moved on to telling funny childhood stories. Mostly mine. I've gotten up to a lot of random/crazy shit growing up--to no one's surprise.

Pansy even suggested we make this a regular thing.

Daphne said that we should have a sleepover in the common room every time Harry Ron and I(--and more often than not Hermione)do something insane.

They're projecting sometime next week.

After realising I might've been a bit of a prat--even if it wasn't intentional--I made a concentrated effort to be more aware/sensitive about jumping between my Slytherin and my Gryffindor friends, which I could tell Tracey appreciated(and she and the others had also cooled it a bit with the jokes about my mental status, even though I reassured them that I love a good self-deprecating joke--I make constant cracks about my diagnosis' from my therapist, I think I can handle being called 'weird'--).

And, over in Gryffindorland, Ron's wand backfires were only getting more and more spectacular every time he tried to use it, Hermione was her usual overachiever self, making the rest of us slackers look bad, Fred was awaiting his destruction, much to George and Lee's entertainment, and, ever since his first Defence class, Harry had been dodging out of sight whenever he saw Lockhart coming down the corridor(something I was 100% guilty of but still shamelessly teased him about).

Hedwig is also still super pissed at him.

And then there was Colin Creevey.

Having seemingly memorized mine and Harry's schedules, he'd taken to popping up at odd times to say, "Alright, Harry?" and "Alright, J-Jewel?" over and over again throughout the day and hear Harry's exasperated, "Hello, Colin," and my cheerful, "Hey, Colin!" that always made him blush as red as Ron's hair.

I think he might have a crush on me.

--who am I kidding, I smiled at him yesterday and he walked into a wall; he's done for. He's even worse than Seamus(which is saying a lot, because Seamus Finnigan is one of the least subtle people I've ever met in my life).

It was flattering, sure, but I made a mental note to talk to him about it if it gets out of hand(well that and the, you know, minor/relatively harmless stalking--).

And then, finally: Thursday*̥˚✧!!

"You're awake," Tracey said blankly, gawking at me as I bounced in place by the staircase leading up to the girl's dorms.