( FIVE !! )

CHAPTER FIVE; IN WHICH, THEY KISS (BUT IN AN INDIRECT WAY)—————

—————

TODAY WAS THE day.

After school, Eden had spent hours calming me down through text. He was due to arrive in 10 minutes. In a horrible rush I had cleaned my room, put on better clothes and did my hair and makeup.

I didn't want to impress him but I knew that if I looked bad he would humiliate me.

I stay in my room, panicking as Eden texted a long paragraph. The bell went and my eyes widened. I looked out my window to see him standing at the front door.

My fingers typed on the keyboard in a quick action.

eden
—————

( typing... )

HE'S HERE, AND HE'S EARLY.
WHAT DO I DO?!
EDEN???

When I didn't receive an answer within 30 seconds I shut my phone off and ran downstairs.

"Don't answer the door Mom!" I yelled.

I reached the front door, out of breath from running. I turned the handle and opened the door.

"Hey." I said.

"Hi."

*******

"We should start on the actually work now." I said to him as he laid on bed, feet high in the air.

"Okay just give me a second."

The clicking of his fast typing filled the room as he stayed on his phone.

"You know, we could actually study or you could just leave and go do that at your house." I say with a blunt tone.

"Fine, I need the bathroom." He said and got up and left.

While he was gone I grabbed lollipop from my cup that was full of them on the side. It was red and strawberry flavoured.

I undid the wrapper and popped it in the mouth, the strawberry flavour melting on my tongue.

I hold the stick while I read through the questions we were going to complete. I hear his hard footsteps come back inside the room and looked up as he sat on the bed.

"Okay let's start shall we."

*******

"Jaeden stop it! Come sit back down!" I shouted, taking my lollipop out my mouth.

"Hmm, I like the way you say my name baby." He laughed.

"Ew shut up."

"Hey I'm not the one grinding on the kid I tutor."

"For the last time, it was an accident!"

"So, who did you think I was then, Blondie?" He smirked.

"What? That doesn't matter! Just sit down!" I cry out, cringing at the name.

"Wow your lap looks empty mind if I take a seat there?" He said with a cheesy grin.

"Shut up." I sigh and put the lollipop back in my mouth.

Reluctantly, he sits down and grabs a pencil.

"Great. Now we can actually get somewhere."

While I'm speaking to him I can tell he's not listening. I don't care at this point, I just wanted this to be over.

"Fuck, I wish this would go quicker." He said out of the blue.

"Yeah, you said it."

"Can I leave early?"

"Go ahead." I shrug.

"Okay, one last thing before I go, can I have a lollipop?"

I sighed. "There, on my desk." I say, pointing across the room.

"Ugh, really? All the way over there?" He said dramatically.

"Uhh yeah. If you want one go get one."

"Okay."

Wow that was easy. Joking. It wasn't.
Because the most unexpected thing happened next.

As I looked away, he took the lollipop from my mouth and stuck it in his.

"Chao Blondie." He says, walking down the stairs, while I'm stuck on my bed trying to process what happened.

I find myself going to the window to see where he goes. I see him and open the latch.

"Hey! You're disgusting asshole!" I shout down at him.

He looks up and wink at me.

"You're welcome Blondie!"

And with that he brought his hand to his forehead and saluted to me while walking backwards down the street.

He turned and started having a little bounce in his step as he turned the corner.

I was in a trance when my phone pinged.

eden
—————

SHOOT I DIDN'T SEE YOUR MESSAGES?!
HOW DID IT GO?

everything went perfectly :)

phew, thank god
wanna hang out later then?

I replied with a short yes and laid on my bed. This is not going to be easy from here on out.

—————
CHAPTER FIVE; IN WHICH, THEY KISS (BUT IN AN INDIRECT WAY)

—————CHAPTER FIVE; IN WHICH, THEY KISS (BUT IN AN INDIRECT WAY)