Girlfriend?

Authoer's Note: I wanted to try to avoid writing authors notes but I would like to know how I'm doing and if i should change anything. Thank you all for reading and hang in there I don't know where this story is going to go. Otherwise enjoy and thanks again.

Laci's POV

I woke up the morning after our date feeling great. I had such and good night and have decided to see where this thing between Brock and I goes. I got dressed, ate and ran outside to do chores. I walked into the stable and immediately smiled when I saw Brock doing my chores for me. I watched him for a minute, laughing to myself. Everytime he went to brush Gunner, he would move away from him, making Brock's attempts hopeless. I laughed giving away my presence that had recently been unnoticed. Brock looked up with a mortified look on his face. I stopped laughing and asked, "What's wrong? Did I do something?"

His face relaxed a little and he replied hurriedly, "No you didn't do anything, you just scared me a bit." I nodded my head in an understanding manner and grabbed a brush from the wall. I walked over to Gunner and began brushing him. He stood still and I could feel Brock's eyes on me. I continued to brush Gunner, ignoring Brock.

I was just about done when Brock spoke up, "Why does he stand still for you and not me?" his voice startled me a bit and I jumped. My sudden motion scared Gunner causing him to take a step back.

I calmed Gunner before saying, "Horse's intuition tells him you can't be trusted." Brock's face had shock written all over it. I quickly added, "He isn't always right, you need to gain his trust that's all." his face softened for the second time today. Jeez, what was with him today? Did I do something wrong last night? I decided to ask him about it later.

We finished the chores earlier then usual. Unsure what to do I climbed the stairs to the loft. I sat down on some hay and let my feet dangle off the edge. Brock came up and sat beside me. We sat not saying anything, then I spoke, "Did you have fun last night?"

He smiled and answered, "Yea it was fun! Did you?" I nodded my head yes. We sat again in silence. Wow was this awkward, I thought. Brock took a deep breath, then sighed loudly. I looked at him with an eyebrow raised questioningly. He saw this and began to saw, "I'm sorry Laci. I shouldn't have kissed you last night." I frowned and was about to ask if I was that bad when I saw the expression on his face. His face was sad with a hint of regret. I knew he didn't want me around right then. I went to get up when he grabbed my wrist.

I looked at him coldly and asked, "What else do you have to say?"

His face looked hurt and he said quietly, "I have a girlfriend." I was disgusted. How could he do that to me? He played with me like I was some Tonka Toy. No way in he'll would I let him get away with this. I shoved him a bit.

Brock's POV

I knew I was cheating on my girl last night, but I didn't care. I was head over heals for Laci and was going to dump Abbygail when she called later. I was still feeling pretty guilty and wanted to tell Laci so bad. That's what I did. I knew she would be mad but she will get over it if I explain it all to her.

After I told her she looked at me sickened. It was the worst look I have ever received and immediately I wanted to take it back. She didn't give me the chance. I looked at her about to speak, when she pushed me. I could feel myself fall. My butt left the floor of the loft and I clawed at anything I could to stop from falling. I didn't grab anything and continued to fall.

It felt like forever before I landed. I was thankful I had landed in a huge pile of hay that cushioned my fall. I looked up at the loft to see Laci looking down at me looking hurt, but strangely had a smirk on her lips at the same time. She must have known the hay was there. I was feeling really bad at this moment. I watched as Laci walked down the stairs, got on her horse Pacos. They flew out of the stable not looking back.

Laci's POV

That was it. That was exactly what I needed to see that my feelings for Brock were fake and that I didn't actually like him. His face was scared when I pushed him, but I knew the pile of hay was there and he deserved it. I was done with him completely. Yes, he was gorgeous but he needed to reform his attitude. No way in hell was I going to like him.

I road Pacos through the pasture to the little river on the horizon by the forest. I sat down by a tree and let Pacos drink the river water. I began to talk to myself and Pacos. "How could I be so stupid? As if I actually fell for his city charm. He is no country boy!" I screamed a bit.

When i was all done ranting to myself, I heard someone cough. I looked to where the sound came from. My eyes landed on a boy a little older then me. He was leaning against a tree, not to far away looking at me. I screamed a little. The boy just laughed at this. I stopped, a little stupefied by his reaction.

He stood up straight and walked up to me smirking. He was handsome with jet black hair and smoky grey eyes. He grabbed my hand swiftly pulling me to my feet. He wrapped me in a hug. I stood there stunned. He lightly chuckled and whispered in my ear, "I heard everything. Want to go for a ride and talk about it." I was so angry about Brock, that I nodded yes.

I hopped on to Pacos bare back. I looked around for the boy. He had disappeared. I began to think I was dreaming when I saw him retreat from the woods. He was riding a beautiful black and white Paint horse. He looked at me questioningly and I nodded. We road off following the river.