Canadian Party

I stood there frozen, mystified by these blue eyes. One eye had a hint of grey in it and the other had a hint of green in it, but for the most part the were the biggest, most gorgeous eyes I have ever seen. The person cleared their throat, throwing me back into reality.

The boy spoke up, "Take a picture it might last longer." I was thrown of guard and couldn't think of anything witty to say back. I was rooted there for a bit until something finally came to mind.

I looked at him sharply and said with anger in my voice, "I would but the picture won't make you look less ugly." His face went red and I walked away to find Ariana before something bad happens. I had totally lied about him being ugly, but he was being extremely rude. He was actually gorgeous. He had wavy blonde hair that fell just above his eyes. He was a little taller then me and had muscles that were twice the size of mine. Not that that is saying much cause I'm weak. He had on a tight black shirt that showed off his six pack. I found this all out as I was walking up the stairs and saw him pushing through the crowd of people in a hurry. It is hard not to notice someone being so rude. He looked up at me and I quickly turned and ran up the stairs, rushing into Ariana's room. Ariana was sitting on her bed talking on the phone. I walked over to her mirror not wanting to bother her. I checked myself out, then looked at some of the pictures taped to her mirror. There were some from when we were really little and had gone to the park or beach. There was also one from last October. It was of us at our freshy party. I was a mess and smiling big. Ariana was more drunk then I had been. Her hazel eyes were open wide and her smile was huge showing off her dimples. Her dark blonde hair that usually goes down to her shoulders had been put up into a ponytail. We were so happy that night and had so much fun. I couldn't wait to get my license so we could go party again.

I heard Ariana hang up the phone and turned around just in time to see her running at me. She gave me a huge hug and said excitedly, "I have missed you so much. I hate not seeing you everyday."

I laughed at this and replied, "Ariana, it's only been a week since school was out." This time we both laughed. After catching up on our week apart which really wasn't much, we went downstairs to see our other friends. As we walked up to our circle of friends, I saw the boy from earlier sitting on the couch glaring at me. I ignored him and joined into the heated argument between Robin and Hannah about whether Mr. Gavin was hot or not. I agree with Robin saying that he is hot.

After a couple hours of talking and having fun it was time to eat so we went outside to roast hotdogs over the fire. I burnt mine pretty bad, so I had to add ketchup to it. After that we roasted marshmallows and sat around the fire talking.

At about eleven o'clock the men lit up some fireworks. As we were watching the fireworks Caliber came up to me, his blue-green eyes filled with tears and his face coloured white. I asked him what was wrong and he told me the fireworks were scaring him. I laughed and gave him a hug. I told him we could go look for dad and get a ride home.

Half an hour later I was holding open the front door of my house. My dad was attempting to carry Caliber in his arms.

After searching for my dad for about fifteen minutes, we had got into the truck to go home. Mom and Hunter would be bringing home the Equinox when they were ready to leave. Not long after leaving town Caliber had fallen asleep on my shoulders. He was a deep sleeper and that is how my dad ended up carrying him to the house and up to his room.

A little later I was getting ready for bed when I heard a light tap on my door. I opened the door to see my dad standing there. He looked at me and asked, "Are you getting ready for bed already?"

I answered a little surprised by his question, " Yea, it's almost one. Why?"

His voice was sad when he replied, "I wanted to watch Transformers with you, but it's ok. I'll see you in the morning." Dad and I usually watch movies together, but I was tired and wanted to go to sleep. He began to retreat down the hall when he turned suddenly and asked, "Laci, can you get up early and help me? We have a new hired hand coming tomorrow and I need to train him. Hunter is going to be home late and I could really use some help."

I couldn't say no to him since I wasn't watching Transformers with him tonight, so I smiled and agreed to help him.