"Alright then, I'll be there in 20 minutes."

"Okay." I said, we both hanged up, I closed my laptop and went to go get my shoes, I didn't know where we were going but I didn't care, just as long as I got out of this house, I went upstairs carefully and when I made it to the top I entered my bedroom trying my best to not pay attention to the bed and not think about what went down in the room.

I went inside our walk in closet, as I looked for shoes to put on something in my peripheral vision caught my attention, I turned around and looked at my full body mirror, I stared at the reflection of an unknown women in front of me, as I looked closer I realized that the unknown women was me, I walked closer to to the mirror and continued to stare at myself.

I looked different....

I had on baggy clothes, my hair was in a complete mess, my skin looked terrible, my eyes weren't bright like they used to be, only sad and droopy I looked terrible, I frowned at my reflection, the years with Dave took a strain out of me, there was plenty of life left in me but it was buried within the depths of my soul, it's left there from all the beatings and verbal abuse.
What has happened to me? How could I allow myself to look like this, I quickly looked away from the mirror, I felt hideous, no wonder Dave was out here cheating on me with different women, I really let myself go.
I leaned forward against the shelves and started thinking to myself, this needs to stop, my relationship with Dave may not be going so good as it used to be but that doesn't mean I should let myself go, I need to still take care and pamper myself.

I viscously wiped my cheeks ridding it of tears that I didn't noticed were going down my face, I began undressing myself, I limped out the closet and entered my conjoined bathroom, I turned on the shower head and got in, I took a quick 10 minute shower and did my hygiene routine, after I was done I did my hair and went to get dressed.

I heard the sound of my doorbell ringing, I limped down stairs and went to answer the door but not before grabbing my phone and keys, I opened it to reveal Neal standing at the door, I quickly ran my eyes up and down his body, he wore a crisp long sleeve dress shirt and slacks with his stethoscope still around his neck, he looked handsome with it."Wow." I heard him say, I smiled and took it from around his neck.

"You still had this around your neck." I handed it to him, he smiled almost shyly showing off his pearly whites.

"One day I'll end up showering with this." He said making me chuckle.

"I hear that." I got out the house and locked it behind me, I could relate to him, I always seem to forget the stethoscope is around my neck. We walked to his car, he opened the door for me and I got inside and put on my seatbelt, I'm not going to lie I will admit I'm kind of nervous leaving the house so late when Dave could come home at any minute but I doubt he'll be back home tonight, maybe later in the morning or afternoon.

"So uh where's Dave?" Neal asked as he backed out my drive way, I looked at him and shrugged.

"I don't know, out partying I guess."

"And he left you all alone?" I looked at Neal, I don't really like speaking about my relationship with people, I don't need them concerning theirselves about what goes on between me and Dave.

"Yeah let's not talk about Dave." I said cutting that conversation out, I always hated speaking about our relationship, I hated lying to people and saying that we're fine but we're not fine, far from it, but I had to lie to keep people from worrying.