I nodded softly while smiling. "Harmony," I mumbled, feeling my cheeks heat up. I felt like a little girl meeting her favorite pop star.

"I don't know when I'll get to meet you or Aaron next, I'm heading straight to Milan from here."

"Oh, I see."

"So, I wanted to get in as much as possible. Sorry if I seem a little forward with my questions."

"It's completely understandable. I mean, you're his mom, so..."

She gave me another smile. "Are your parents still together, Vanessa?"

"Uh, yeah. They have been since college."

"Hmm, you're lucky. Aaron wasn't lucky in that way. Logan and I separated when he was really young, around six, if I remember right. Even before that, he only ever saw us arguing. I don't know how much he's told you but you two seemed closer today than you did yesterday. And I hope you'll seem closer tomorrow than you do today. But as his girlfriend, I think you should know these things about him, even if he's not the one to tell you."

I nodded, listening intently.

"Aaron hasn't seen a lot of people love around him. He used to say he'd never believe in love after seeing what happened between his father and I. He says he doesn't believe in um... Quel est le mot?" she mumbled the last bit to herself.

I guessed she was asking herself the translation in English. "Always," I prompted.

"Ah, yes."

I hummed, nodding again. "Yeah, he told me. He doesn't believe in always. He thinks 'always' never lasts."

"And what do you think, chérie?"

"I don't believe in never," I chuckled.

She laughed softly, "I like that answer. And I like you, Vanessa. Really, I do. In my eyes, you're perfect for my son, as perfect as any girl can ever be. You know why?"

I raised my brows when she looked at me. "Why?"

"Because when I see the way you look at him, I don't just see love in your eyes. I see admiration, adoration. A little bit of anger," she teased. "I think you'll always listen to him. But you would also know how to make him listen to you."

I laughed, feeling heat crawl up my neck and to my cheeks.

"You get angry with him, no?"

"I do sometimes. I love your son but sometimes he can be very annoying," I shook my head, grinning.

She stopped walking abruptly. "You do?" She touched my arm lightly.

"Sorry?"

"You love him? You do, don't you?"

I opened my mouth to initially say no and that wasn't what I meant but I couldn't force out the words.

Because I do. I do love him.

So, I found myself nodding slowly but with uncertainty. "I do love him."