Season Of Giving - Ladynoir

It was a late, snowy night. Ladybug was sat up atop her and Chat's special spot, the one spot in the city that truly did justice to the way the Eiffel Tower shone with Christmas lights, and if you squinted enough you could just see a cardboard cut out of Chat Noir and Ladybug in the window of almost every store. 

That was something she would never get used to, seeing Ladybug cutouts every 2 feet. It was something out of a dream, but also scary. 

Ladybug's feet dangled off of the rooftop waiting for Chat Noir to stop by, he was late once again. It was their last patrol until Christmas, they both agreed no Christmas patrol was needed. They were too busy to sneak away from their family activities, plus who would get Akumatized on Christmas? But from past experience Paris was not safe on Christmas Eve.  

So here she was, on Christmas Eve, at 10PM waiting for Chat Noir to join her. It was hard enough for her to leave her family on Christmas Eve, but on top of that he had to be late. Typical Chat Noir. 

Suddenly Ladybug heard feet, or for a better word, paws on the roof walking towards where she sat. The she felt someone sit beside her, ''I hope I didn't keep you waiting for too long, M'lady.'' Chat's voice spoke with honesty, she knew he did feel bad for being late. Just like always. That never stopped her from giving him a hard time though. 

''I thought you forgot, to be honest.'' Humor laced her voice. 

''Forget? I am offended. How could I ever forget anything to do with you Bugaboo?'' He shot her a charming smile, the one that was reserved for her only.

Ladybug smiled, as much as he did get on her nerves sometimes, he sure did know how to make her smile. Always. 

''Well then, I think we should get pratroling. This is one patrol that we, or should I say you, can't make last longer than it needs to be. My parents weren't the happiest at their daughter for ditching them.'' 

Ladybug started to get up, putting on her fighting face. Getting ready to defend any and all Parisians. 

Chat stopped her by putting his hand on her arm. 

''Actually M'lady, I have a present for you. It is Christmas Eve after all, what kind of partner would I be if i didn't get you a Christmas gift?'' Chat pulled out a red and black polka dotted wrapped box. 

Ladybug couldn't control her smile, they really were alike. She sat back down. 

''Chat, I thought we agreed on no gifts. Remember? You gave me that whole speech on how I was the best gift you could ever ask for, then I got mad at you for saying that...because you really just can't take no for an ans-'' 

''Just open the gift Bugaboo.'' 

He handed her the wrapped box. 

''Well I was going to wait until after patrol but since you want to do this now. I got something for you as well.'' Ladybug pulled out a black wrapped gift box, complete with gold string mimicking his suit colors, much like her wrapping did.

''See, I knew you would've broken the promise and got me something. You're far too giving to not do that.'' He wore a smug expression. 

''Just open it before I change my mind, and take your gift back.'' 

They both got to tearing the wrapping paper off, smiling brightly. 

''A Chat Noir doll, really?'' Ladybug laughed, holding the kids doll in her hands. 

''My dreams came true, a Ladybug Doll! You know me too well.'' Chat flashed a smile at her. Ladybug rolled her eyes playfully. 

''There's something else in there.'' They both said at the same time. They widened their eyes, then laughed together. 

''See M'lady, we really are meant for eachother.'' He lifted the next item out of the box. 

It was a beautiful hand made scarf, it was black with a green paw stitched into it on the end. 

Marinette had practically stayed up the whole night making it. 

''A Scarf?! Well you can just do everything, can't you?'' Chat started to put it on as he spoke.

''Yeah I guess I can. Now lets see what you decided on.'' Ladybug dipped her hand back into the box, looked down and almost yelped. They were Macaroons, not just any macaroons. One's from the Dupain-Cheng Bakery. 

''They're the best Macaroons in all of Paris. I would know, I feel like I've tried them from everywhere. The Dupain-Cheng Bakery is the best bakery. One day we should go there together. You know that one girl we always seem to save? Marinette? yeah her family runs it.'' 

if only you knew.  Ladybug thought to herself. 

She smiled at the guy in the catsuit, wishing she knew who was under the mask. As much as she hated herself for it, it did hurt her to not know. It was someone she saw almost everyday, and sometimes she wanted to keep tabs on who had a crush on her. 

''Thank you Kitty. You really didn't need to get me anything though.'' 

''Oh shush, it's my pleasure. Now as much as I don't want to, I believe we have a city to take care of.''  

''Couldn't have said it better myself. I'll race you to the The Louver'' 

At that they both leaped off of the roof and went on to their superhero duties. 

It's weird as the night went on, Marinette felt less worry about getting back to her house. She didn't want to leave her family on Christmas Eve, but she was having a blast with Chat. 

It was always just such an easy feeling with him. Maybe it was the fact he never took anything too seriously. Maybe they just worked well together. 

Marinette got home around 11:30pm, to her parent's dismay.

Although she did feel bad about leaving her mom and dad, Marinette didn't regret a moment she spent with Chat Noir, he really was a better partner then she gave him credit for. 

That Christmas Eve was the 2nd best one she had, the best one was the one she spent with Adrien and her friends. No one could top Adrien, but Chat's Noir's cool too. 

A/N: Heyia! This one does connect to the one coming out tmw! Which will be the last one in this book ! See yall tmw 🖤

---