As the incandescent street lamps softly lit up the pathway amidst the growing darkness of the evening sky, gentle gusts of cold air streamed past the two who were walking alongside each other

Often Yeonhee would feel her shoulder brush against his arm due to how close they were walking, his hands stuffed into his pockets as Yeonhee hugged her jacket closer to her with the warmth comforting her.

Although they'd usually be in an endless cycle of chatter and laughter, the two of them didn't feel the need to fill the comforting air with conversation as they enjoyed the presences of the other person.

It was always hard to see each other a lot but they did make it work the best they could and knowing the stress piling up on him, Yeonhee managed to pull him away from his work to take a simple walk.

She nuzzled her chin into the collar of her jacket and her eyes intently zoned in on the patterns engraved into the ground which captured her attention. The corners of Mark's lips curved up as he watched her, his stare unwavering before he turned his head to briefly look up at the sky.

The sky was dark, a canvas of dark grey which lacked a lot of light but it was a simple view and was a view that comforted him.

Yeonhee glanced at her boyfriend, noticing he was looking ahead of himself with a smile on his lips and she wondered what he was thinking about but upon seeing his smile, a warmth bloomed in her chest.

"You know," he began, capturing her full attention. Mark looked at her as he spoke. "Being with you like this...just like going on walks with you is nice"

A smile reflected on her own lips, she couldn't help but feel like a love struck girl when he makes simple comments. She hummed in agreement, her voice soft in the evening air.
"I like being with you, whatever we're doing." Yeonhee replied, her shoes lightly kicking the stones on the ground as they walked.

"I think that before...before I met you things like this seemed like a waste. Just going on walks, taking breaks and being a person aside from being an idol." Mark paused, a soft bitter chuckle leaving his lips at his reminiscing.

"I really just forgot who I actually was, to be honest...I've always been so caught up in this being my life and nothing else was significant about me that it felt like my life wasn't even my life anymore." 

Although it was often hard for Mark over the years to open up fully to those around him about his deeper feelings, it was liberating to open up to Yeonhee. She just made it feel so normal and comfortable, nothing that he said felt forced or untrue because Mark felt like he could say anything and everything without restriction.

She listened intently, her hand lightly placing on the lower part of his forearm and trailed down his sleeve until her skin met his warm one. Mark's fingers naturally intertwined with hers, a secure grip blanketing over her yet she reassuringly brushed the pad of her thumb over his soft skin.