"He's unwell?" I repeat.

He hums in response. "That's what she said."

"What's wrong with him?"

Theo shrugs and locks his phone, shoving it back into his pocket. "I don't know, says something about a stomach bug," he tells me. "Just said he wouldn't be coming in today."

"Could you give me a moment?" I question as I grip my phone between my fingers.

"Sure," he nods curtly. "I'll meet you in the boardroom in fifteen?"

"Yeah," I nod before clicking onto Micah's number again.

I watch Theo leave my office as I listen to the dial tone, praying that he picks up so that I could know he was okay.

When it goes straight to voicemail I curse to myself and ponder for a moment, concerned that something serious might be up and he's by himself.

Without a second thought I click onto Darryl's name and instantly raise it to my ear, he answers on the fourth ring.

"Mr Locke," he answers politely.

"Hi Darryl," I lean back into my chair. "Please could you do me a favour and go and check that Micah is okay?"

"Of course sir," he replies. "Is something wrong?"

"He's not feeling well," I explain. "Could you stop off and get some medicine, a bottle of Lucozade and some snacks?"

"Of course sir," he says again. "Any snacks in particular?"

I hum in response. "Some cool original doritos, those Aero chocolate balls and some peppermint tea please."

"No worries Mr Locke," he tells me instantly. "I'll head over there now."

"Thank you Darryl, please let me know once you've seen him?"

"Yes I'll call straight away sir."

"Great, thank you." I say before hanging up the call.

Collecting my belongings to go into the boardroom, I know that I needed to focus during the meeting. This pitch is important for the company and our next steps in networking with international clients.

I couldn't help my mind wander as I thought about Micah, my stomach churning at the thought of him in bed alone, being sick and having no one to support him.

All I wanted was to hear that he was okay.

He hadn't even dropped me a text or tried to call me back, that's how I knew he must be in a bad way.

Silently I huff in my brain and attempt to listen to the ideas being pitched in front of me, trying to take down as many notes as possible. I glance over at Theo and pray that he picks up on everything so that I don't have to ask a million and one questions after.

Two hours later the meeting finally commenced, small talk on the way out but I was eager to get back to my office to give Darryl another call. Noticing that he had called me twice during the meeting.

He answers almost instantly.

"Mr Locke," he greets.

"How is he?" I question as I attempt to loosen my tie, my eyes looking out at the gloomy day again. "Did you see him?"

"He doesn't look too good sir," he admits carefully. "He's got some kind of stomach bug he said, he said he's okay but it's quite obvious he isn't."

I chew on my lip and sigh. "Did you give him the care package?"

"Yes sir," he tells me.

"Okay, thanks a lot Darryl. Will you meet me outside the office in twenty?"