Luca nodded, "Yeah, he's got a point. Are you okay? The Simon we know would've had this done."

"Oh, something's come up. I've been so busy I haven't had time to tell you," he said, and he smiled at the mention of his new game.

And his rival.

"Tell us what?" Austin tilted his head in confusion.

"There's a game I'm playing, and I'm going to win." I'll take my time, but I can't wait to see the look on her face when I do win.

"...Now I'm more confused," Luca said.

Simon was going to go further, but the panel started, and everyone had quieted when Valerie stepped up. Power silently radiated off of his mother with every single step she took.

There was no doubt that he and Sierra got it from her.

The panel talked a lot about OpalSpace's current projects and future projects, both major and minor, separated by a few categories: Technological, chemical and medical. Then there was talk of the new group of interns and how they would be allowed to let their creativity start some projects of their own.

After a while, Austin nudged him, "Hey, it's eleven thirty. Go check on baby Reid."

"Alright. See you later."

He left the auditorium and walked through one of the back hallways until he reached Sierra's spacious office. He stepped inside and saw her typing some extra things on the screen on her wall.

"Hey, so far so good?" he asked.

"Six interviews are done and I have another one in thirty minutes. Panel's going good so far?"

"Oh, of course. You know that Mom's handling all that easily."

"I don't know how she does it. I swear, I still have a lot to learn."

"You'll get there. You're only twenty years-old, Sisi."

She sighed and faced the ground. "Mom was younger when she started the company. I just... I don't know, I just feel like I'm way behind sometimes."

His heart sank, and he sat down on one of the chairs in the office. "Is that why you've been working this hard lately?"

"Maybe. I just want to make her proud, y'know?"

Oh, he knew. He definitely knew. Though she was an incredibly hard worker and had a lot to show for it, it was the validation that she really wanted.

"She'd be proud of you regardless. All she wants is for you to be happy and healthy. The only reason it may seem like she's hesitant to let you do a bit more work is because she knows that you're biting off way more than you can chew and she's worried. What you're doing now with the interns is more than huge, and it's all she talks about. Of course she's proud of you. We're all proud of you."

Sierra smiled softly, then smoothed out her red dress before sitting next to him and resting her head on his shoulder. "Thank you."

"Always. When everything calms down, take some time off. I mean it."

"Okay."

Looking out for her was the least he could do, because it was her that got him back on the right track a few years ago. Right after his twentieth birthday, he had started seeing his family more, and when he had a long talk with his parents about where he had been mentally, they helped him start therapy. Therapy sessions with Ava and endless support turned him around completely, and none of it would've happened if it weren't for Sierra.