Surprise(45)

After lunch Meghan and George was playing with Arthur. "This is crazy I can't leave my apartment building."

"The frenzy will die done soon I promise but I have to admit I didn't think that tv gossip programmes would be discussing us this much."

"Don't forget the news, I wonder where Susan is there's no way she went back to her house."

"Meghan if she had a chateau in Paris you knew nothing about I'm pretty sure she has another house hidden away somewhere."

She looks at Arthur, "I'm so glad he's too young to understand any of this."

"Me too it feels weird having so many people in the apartment and they're not friends."

"My family keeps getting bigger.  Hey George."

"What?"

"Our home is filled with my relatives."

He grins at her, "Yes it is."

Meghan stands, "I should go see how everyone is."

"Let them talk and heal their wounds darling. Sarah is spending quality time with her sister and niece and getting to know Louis better."

"You're right lets watch Netflix for a while."

"Great idea."

Five hours later Meghan switches off the tv, "I think they've bonded enough."

She checks on Arthur who was sleeping and holds her hand out to George who takes it. "I'm going to freshen up. I really should brush my teeth and check my emails since we did fall asleep. I'm going to have a shower."

"Ok, you might as well change your clothes and please don't go downstairs without me."

Thirty minutes later George pause at the living room door. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing why don't you go in before me."

Meghan shrugs and does as he says. When she walks in the room she hears, "Surprise."

Startled she looks round the room it was decorated with balloons and a happy birthday banner. There was a pile of presents under the banner. Wanda walks up to her and places a flowery crown on her head.

"Happy birthday darling," she says with tears in her eyes.

"What, it's not my birthday. What's the date?" Ask Meghan frantically.

"The fifteenth," replies George.

"I forgot tomorrow is my birthday."

"No Meghan today is your birthday your real one."

"Really please tell me I'm still turning 29".

"You're still turning 29," everyone laughs at Wanda's words.

"OMG it's my birthday," Meghan looks to her left as if expecting Emma to be there. She looks disappointed and does her best not to cry the tears she desperately wanted to shed.

"It's our birthday"," she says to the empty space and smiles sadly.

George hugs her then everyone else takes a turn hugging her. "Anna, David why aren't you both in the Hamptons?"

"Have I ever missed your birthday celebration Wanda invited me. I know we can't go out and get our groove on but we'll have fun. Your first birthday with your family how wonderful for you," says Ann.

Meghan wipes a tear away she didn't realise she was silently crying, "It is, isn't it. Yesterday was so unpleasant I'm going to enjoy my birthday. Can someone please put some music on."