A Secret Told

"Hi Wanda", her face lights up at Meghan's warm greeting.

"George, Meghan it's so wonderful to see you both", she looks at Arthur who was starting to wake up and smiles. "Do you mind if I hold him?"

George and Meghan exchange looks and he shrugs. Meghan carefully places Arthur in Wanda's arm. She unexpectedly begins to cry Meghan sits next to her.

"Are you okay should I take him from you?"

"No it's okay I'm just happy that's all".

"I'm just glad he could give you some happiness where's Lucy?"

"She and her family are spending time with her husbands family in Paris".

"Oh Wanda they'll be back soon".

"I hope so".

"Did you never thought of having children of your own. I'm sorry I shouldn't be asking you such personal questions".

"It's alright Meghan you never have to think you're asking too much of a personal question when it's just us. Actually I was hoping you and George and Arthur would have dinner with me later on. I would love it if you both would stayed over tonight at my place".

"We would love to come to dinner but we have a dinner party planned for tomorrow".

"Oh."

Wanda looks crestfallen and Meghan could've sworn that she saw that same facial expression on Emma many times. She sees George's eyes go wide as if he too sees the resemblance.

"There's nothing stopping you from staying at ours is there darling?"

Meghan smiles, "Could you excuse us for a minute".

"Of course".

They leave Arthur with Wanda and walk a small distance. "Is it me or did Wanda look like Emma just then?" Ask Meghan.

"I noticed it too George and I need to know if she's her mother. If she is I need to know why she put Emma up for adoption or didn't acknowledge her when she came to New York".

"Do you realise Meghan if it's true this means Emma spent her final months with her mother".

Meghan smiles sadly, "I hope that's true.  You should've asked me if I was okay with her staying over first".

"Don't you have a conversation you need to finish with her and one you need to start with her?"

"Yes I do good thinking", with their eyes glue to their son they stop talking when they see Natalie walk over to Wanda.

They see her go to take the baby and one of Wanda's bodyguard keeping her at arms length.

"I thought I made it clear to you that I don't want to talk to you. What made you think I would want you around my son".

Wanda looks between the two women while wondering what was going on between them. Best friend or not Meghan she wasn't going to hold your son without your say so on my watch".

"I know you wouldn't give her my son Wanda and until she gets it in her head Emma was my very best friend and not her. I don't want to see her again".

"That street rat".

Meghan slaps her. "You're currently my best friend because Emma is gone. You dismissing the fact that I loved her like a sister is worrying me. This friendship is done I suggest you never call her a street rat in my presence again. Last I checked Emma was a literal genius, a great charity fundraiser and a great friend to you.   How does that make her a street rat? I'm sorry if Brian is cheating on you Nat I really I'm but stop disrespecting my friend in front of me. You're pregnant and due in a few weeks I'm sorry I slapped you I shouldn't have done it. Right now I need to put my family first when you sort yourself out call me".

Natalie looks taken back, "Meghan I didn't mean to disrespect Emma like that but you have barely been there for me lately".

"George and I have a new baby".

"You haven't told me the whole truth about Arthur".

"Now I'm glad I didn't so you can't viciously spread rumours about my family".

"I would never".

"Like I said before when you get your life together call me but promise me if things get bad with Brian you will call me before then okay".

They hug, " I promise".

Everyone watches her leave, "You shouldn't have hit her", George hugs her.

"She's hurting and lashing out at the wrong people I hope she can forgive me in time. I don't want to lose her too."

"Unfortunately her husband is having an affair and has been for the last year. He has been sleeping with his secretary".

"Poor Natalie I have to tell her".

"Meghan you can't or at least wait till she gives birth first to tell her the truth".

"Wanda is right Meghan the baby's health come first".

"How's Arthur doing?" Ask Meghan.

"Okay I'm pretty sure he's hungry I've sent one of the bodyguards to fetch me some hot water to heat up his bottle".

"Thank you Wanda".

"I've to ask despite everything that happened just now is it still okay to stay over at yours today?"

"Yes it will be lovely to have you".

"The Moretti's are here as well it will be nice to see them", says Wanda absentmindedly.

"Yes it will be I misjudged Sarah completely I hope she and I can become great friends".

Meghan thought Wanda's eyes started to  glisten, "Are you okay Wanda?"

"Yes I'm, I'm just glad to be in the Hamptons".

The rest of the day was spent laughing and having fun with Anna, David and the Moretti's who joined them later in the day.

That night George and Meghan was having dinner with Wanda and the Moretti's.

"Thank you for the dinner invitation Meghan and George".

"You're welcome Sarah I meant it when I said I hope we can be friends."

"Me too."

"I'm free next Wednesday I would love to see the clinic and talk to you about how you set it up. I'm going to build a shelter for homelessness teens and I'm going to make sure it's run properly".

"That's a wonderful idea Meghan I would love to donate to the cause".

Meghan looks at Wanda, "Thank you I already know the building I want to rebuilt and use for the shelter".

"Where?" Ask Marco.

"It's near time square a friend picked the spot out years ago".

"I too will donate to this great cause too", he said.

When dinner was over the Morreti's go for a swim.  George watches them in the pool as he remembers a conversation earlier in the day with Wanda.

"Please invite Sarah and her husband to stay over".

"I don't think that's appropriate Wanda".

"Please I'm begging you".

"You've acting very emotional today why is that?"

"I'm about to tell you something that apart from Meghan you can't tell anyone else".

"You're scaring me Wanda what's going on?"

"Sarah is my daughter and she doesn't know the truth".

"Oh god that complicates things somewhat and Emma who was she to you. You both have the same facial expressions do you know that. I only noticed because we have spent the day together".

"She too was my daughter".

"What the hell why didn't you claim her".

"It's complicated and I can't say any more until all the pieces of the puzzle has been put to together".