Chapter 4-Obediance

Standing at the door waiting for me to do something that would please him, so I make my way up to the door and stand there, looking him directly in the eyes. The eyes that I know I have seen before, I could never forget them. He looks at me with a certain satisfaction, as if he knows what I'm going to do, and his eyes squint, I'm assuming he was smiling. I push myself to listen and obey the orders, it's hard but I do it, I move back to where the other girls did, in the center of their cage, and watch as he pushes something on the door and as it swings open, he carefully puts the tote on the floor and shuts the door not taking his eyes off of me to make sure that I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing. Self-entitled prick. I keep eye contact with him as he nods his head at me. Knowing that's the cue to walk up and take the tote off the ground, I step forward and stand in front of it, thinking about it. Thinking about hurting him and making him feel the way we do. Reluctantly my body does the work for me and I bend down to pick up the tote, not taking my eyes off him. He waits till I have the tote in hand and he turns his body to walk away from me. Too bad the door is closed. Just before he gets to the end of the hallway, he turns back and looks at each one of us. "I'll be back to see you my loves, enjoy" I just stare at him analyzing him as he does us. There's something familiar about him, but then again I know almost everyone in town. In the back of my mind, seeing how serious he was, I know the only way I'm going to get out of this is to play by the rules and work my way up, to gain his trust. After I hear the door lock I turn my attention to the other girls and see that they start to open their totes, as if it was Christmas, as if they were kids again. Not knowing what all the fuss was over I stare down at mine and see a few things from under the lid of the tote, as much as I don't want to give him the satisfaction, I make my way and pull the tote over to the bed. After opening the top I can see a variety of things such as tampons, bags of chips, and other things buried deeper inside. I look up at Hailey and she's still going through hers, pulling everything out all at once in a hurry, "What are these?" She stops for a second and looks up at me with a frown, "They are what he calls care packages, he'll give you what you need at first or what he thinks you like to gain your trust, and then when he thinks you ready, when he puts us to sleep, he will put up a dry- erase board up on the wall and you can put up things that you would like and he will take them into consideration" I can't believe this, what a fucking psycho. "Thanks," She looks at me and nods my way and I take that as a sign to leave her alone, so I turn around and walk back to my bed to go through the rest of the tote. Sitting down on the soft bed and I just look at it, stare at it like it's nothing. This is crazy, why is he doing this, He looks pretty built from what I can tell through the so why does he have us locked down here? Maybe he has things for younger girls. He could just get a girlfriend. So why doesn't he? Probably because she would be in one of these. On the bright side of this hellhole, the totes are huge so there's a lot in there, I figured I might as well go through it and see what his insane mind comes up with. I open it slowly not sure of what could be in there and I see a box of regular tampons and a bunch of rags tied together with a ribbon, I'm assuming washcloths for the shower and towels. A pink loofah, a bottle of strawberry body wash, shampoo and conditioner, toothpaste, and a toothbrush; all pink. How thoughtful, he wants me to keep up on my hygiene. My body rolls off the bed to go and put the things away in their designated places to keep from cluttering up the bed. Seems to me he wants us to be comfortable here as much as possible, which is still sick, this is a lot for three girls though, it has to raise some suspicion especially for a single man right? I start to finish the tote and there's food in there; quite a bit of it. There are things to snack on throughout the day, so I'm guessing he brings us food or eats with us I don't doubt. There's a few bags of chips and a basket to put them in, a notebook and pens, a sketchbook, a few books, a clock with batteries already in it and set, and at the very bottom was a picture frame turned upside down. I didn't want to pick it up, scared of what the picture might be. I stared at it forever until I finally got the courage to pick it up and turn it over. It was my family. When we were all happy and smiling. Where did he get this from? Tears started to well up in my eyes and I felt a sense of nostalgia looking at it. I miss the kind of, besides the point of us being a dysfunctional family. Hing giving me this made me realize something, nobody is looking for me. I'm never going home. He plans on keeping me here forever. He has three of us, I don't see why he needs all of us. More questions I probably won't ever have answers to of course. There's so much in the totes, it's kind of thoughtful in a sick way. He makes sure we are taken care of, for what reason, I have no idea. I wonder what tomorrow holds for us all. I guess we will see.