➖ Little Secret

STANDING BY THE WINDOW OF THE ABANDONED BUILDING IN 9TH WARD, AYA'S EYES WERE FOCUSED ON PIECE OF PAPER IN FRONT OF HER. The pencil was wearing off as she kept drawing a design after a design – creating different types of outfits. If she wanted Aogiri Tree taken seriously, they had to have a dress code – or at least one that would set them apart from other groups of ghouls. And while her eyes were on the notebook, her ears were focused on the voice of Tatara. He spoke before the highest members of Aogiri: herself, Noro, Eto, Ayato and Ken.

Tatara was putting forth their next plans: overtake 9th Ward, overtake 10th Ward, and while Ghoul Investigators focus their attention to the west wards, they attack Cochlea. Aogiri Tree had lost a lot of power, as well as did the doves, and they needed more ghouls to join the cause. Cochlea was their best bet to gain as many ghouls as possible to increase their power. But first, they had to avert doves' attention to the west while they slowly slip by them to Cochlea.

"You may leave." Tatara subtly ended the meeting.

Ken turned on his heels and left immediately. Ayato, however, looked at Aya – whose attention was completely on the notebook. He thought she didn't hear Tatara dismissing them. Aya noticed Ayato lingering in the corner of her eye and she looked at him – giving him a little wave as to tell him that he may leave. Holding whatever he wanted to say in his throat, Ayato turned on his heels and left the room. And with the absence of his footsteps, there came strange silence.

Noro was quiet as he usually always was. Eto sat on the table in the corner of the room, her legs dangling over the edge. Tatara sat on the couch by the wall as if he sat on the throne with his sight on the entire room. Aya sat opposite from Eto, on Tatara's right side. She had her knees bent and notebook resting on it where various designs were drawn by her hand. Briefly, she glanced outside of the window – she could see humans in the other wards, walking on daylight and avoiding any dark corners of Tokyo. They were all in fear from what has been happening with Aogiri Tree – yet CCG dared to tell them that they have nothing to be afraid of. That they will put an end to Aogiri. And humans believe that crap?

Aya finally decided to put an end to the silence which waiting for her to do so. "Why is he here?"

Tatara leaned in the worn out couch – his red eyes adjusting on her. "Be more specific, Aya."

She averted her eyes from the view outside the window towards Tatara who patiently waited for her to readjust her question. Strangely, Tatara seemed quite more relaxed that he usually was. Therefore, Aya wanted to use her questions in the best way she can and get as many answer as Tatara can willingly give her.

"Why is Kaneki part of Aogiri?" She questioned again – being more specific.

"Because he wants to be." Tatara simply answered. "You were right. He has potential."

Aya was visibly taken aback by his first sentence: "you were right". It made her feel like Tatara was finally approving of her, and not criticizing, disapproving her with his eyes or threatening to break her. It felt as he patted her shoulder with that answer. But there was something that just didn't feel right – he was almost too direct to give her such answer.

"There's more to it, isn't it?" And instinctually, her eyes averted towards Eto who curiously, like a child, watched their conversation. "He's One-Eyed Ghoul, made from Rize, you want to test him."

Eto let out a giggle. "My, my, Aya. You are a sharp one." She laughed. "You really care for him."

"I want to know what you're planning." Aya sharply defended herself. "I've been part of this since its beginning, I deserve to know."