"She really aspires to be strong and determined as you are," he smiles back at me, holding the spoon to Arlo's mouth. "You're a proper role model for her."

My head shakes towards him. "Nella is strong herself, with her witch powers, her strength grows everyday and you can see it." I tell him seriously.

Mace's lips curve into a smile at my words. "That is true. But she's changed since you came into all of our lives. She seems more alive and willing to take life by the horns, I've never seen her like this before."

I lean my elbow onto the table and rest my head onto my hand, a chesty sigh escaping my lips. "I know I've been hard on her, taken my shit out on her. I've been a bitch and she doesn't deserve it." My lips purse as soon as I stop talking, the words bubbling up inside my stomach.

"She just likes to help," Mace tells me as I flick my eyes up to him.

"You can say that again," I smile. "Without her I might be dead, her determination kept me alive. That's for sure."

"She wears her heart on her sleeve," he leans over to wipe Arlo's mouth with his bib. "Some may think it's a weakness but I think it's definitely one of her best traits."

I couldn't help but smile to myself, you could tell how much Mace loves Nella. His kind tone and soft words made me want a mate more than anything, so someone could talk about me like that. Except they'd be saying how hot-headed, vile tongued and vicious I was.

"I will apologise to her again," I breathe out as I look down to the food on my plate. "She's too kind for this world and I'm just an asshole."

"Well you can't be," Mace laughs quietly and I take one glance at him. "If Nella sees good in you then it must be a lie."

"I wouldn't hold her to that just yet," I say as I bite down onto a croissant. "Wait till the curse is broken and then you can decide."

Mace's lips stretch out into a grin as he nods. "Okay fair enough, I will."

"Where is she now?"

"She's in the library with Ripley, I think." He explains.

"Okay," I nod once. "I'll go down there once I've eaten."

"You don't have to keep beating yourself up about how you act," he leans on his forearms, dropping the spoon to the table. "We know that the curse is taking over your body but once it's broken, we'll be able to see the real you. Then we can understand."

"You're right," I nod back at him. "Thanks for trying to be civil."

"We won't win if we're against each other."

"Agreed."

I place my empty bowl into the dishwasher and make my way towards the library, taking slow steps down the narrow stairs. My ears could hear Nella as she talks to Ripley, I presume. He doesn't talk much but certainly likes to listen.

My footsteps alert them as Nella's conversation comes to a close, I emerge from the door and both of their heads turn to look at me.

"Cleo," Nella says instantly, almost in shock to see me.

"Hi guys," I say as I step in and let the door close behind me.

Nella pushes herself up from the table, Ripley's eyes studying her closely. "What's up?" She questions as she stretches her cardigan over her knuckles and hugs the fabric to her body.

I huff out a breath as I look between her eyes. "I just came to say that I'm sorry," my throat croaks gently.

Her eyebrow dips at my words, waiting for me to carry on.