VIII.

Payton B.

"No. Not like you anyways." I told Kamari as i took a bite of one of my buffalo wings. I frowned when the sauce got on the side of my face and i quickly wiped it away.

"So you tryna say you don't be having time."

"Yes im saying i do not have time." i chuckled correcting his grammar.

"Oh alright i thought you was like them boujee girls or the white washed ones who don't like being high in general- what you eating tho since you smacking all in my ear."

"Buffalo wings. Made them myself." I said popping my imaginary collar.

"Word. Ima fasho be at yo house cause when i use to be at female's houses they be telling me to make a frozen meal like i live there. im suppose to be the guest."

"Well- maybe that was her way of letting you know she can't cook, and she doesn't want to risk embarrassing herself."

"Yea i fasho found out the hard way."

"Where are you at- it look like your car."

"I am." he cut on the light in the car.

"Thank you now i can see better."

"Mhm its nothin."

"LOOK."

"What?" he said looking down at the camera.

I took a big bite out my wig. "mhm." i said scarcastically.

"You trifflen for that, barbeque is better anyway or lemon pepper." he said confidently.

"I can't even believe you just said that, they're both good but not better than buffalo."

"Never that."

"Always that."

"I kinda want some tacos right now though. Ima go get some." he said taking his car out of park.

"My gma makes tacos. If you want tomorrow i could take you to meet her and get some?" i suggested.

"Wow payton i am so honored that you'd let me meet your family." Kamari said in a preppy voice.

I laughed.

"Boy i will drop the tacos off at your place dont try me."

"Ok ok ok. Damn. I swear the more we talk the meaner you get."

"Im not even mean." I said dipping my wing in ranch.

"You are and i hope that aint bleu cheese."

"Its not but bleu cheese isn't even nasty. We can really have a debate about ranch types."

"Nah. That shit is nasty as fuck and it got little cheese bits in it." He fake gagged.

"You so dramatic." I waved him off.

He put his car back in park.

"Im deadass sitting in our parking lot."

"Boy then come upstairs and i'll let you in and we can just go to the store to get the stuff to make the tacos and i can make some for us." i suggested.

"Aint yo ass eating right now?"

"Mind your business."

His eyes stayed on something or someone walking past his car.

"What are you looking at?"

"This group of niggas just walked past my car like they on somethin."

"Thats a good reason to come inside." I recommended nodding my head.