The last song I will ever hear my mom sang and then the next thing I know, the chaos happened and her and my dad just gave me a small bag that I will open on my 18th birthday. I was suppose to open it if I reached that age or if I must ran somewhere the other merpeople won't find me.

Dad said to not be scared because they're always with me. But someday, I'm still hoping that we will meet again, maybe after the war. I'm sure they can easily find me.

I escaped with my older brother but I lost him when we were caught in a storm. The waves on the surface was so strong but the waves underneath the surface was way stronger. I can't swim like an expert as I am still a child. And my brother is just a few years older.

I heard his voice saying for me to hide and swim as far as I can before I saw him get swallowed by the waves. I guess the war is intense that their powers reached the surface.

Crying, I let myself be taken by the waves and the next day, I woke up in this cave with Maeum and Eumi beside me. I can't believe they found me.

And then I found out that the two of them escaped the kingdom to find me which is easy because they're also washed up inside the cave where I was.

I miss my family.

But you know what's worse? Our kingdom was destroyed because of me. The enemies wanted to get me. Stupid tails and eyes, how I wish I never had these. I was a rare merman, born once in every century so every kingdom considers merpeople like me a curse but to other kingdoms, I am a great luck as I bring great riches and power. I don't even know how I have those.

I don't know what's special about me besides my ocean blue eyes and tails of two colors. I have a blue, red and silver tail which is very pretty but it's a curse to me. Why didn't I just come out with a blue tail like my brother or silver tail like my mother?

I continued humming until I fell asleep. Tomorrow is my 18th birthday. I should open my birthday present then. I'm excited. I'm sure they packed a very beautiful present for me to remember them in this small pouch.

.....

I woke up the next day and I was shocked when I saw my two friends already holding out the small bag out for me.

"You're excited too? . . well, give me that"

I opened the small bag and inside I saw the one in the song my mom always sang, a violet rose. Wait. . a violet rose necklace?

It is really beautiful. . .

But what caught my attention was the  weight of it. Why is it a little heavy?

"Your Majesty, I think something is inside the flower"

Eumi said and even if I think about it, something really is inside this. But how can I open it? There is no lock whatsoever. But I still wore it around my neck but the moment I clasp the string, the necklace shrunk smaller and it's so light now.

Excuse me?

I removed it again and it grew back to its original size. But upon wearing, it shrunk.

I let it there and I again look into the bag to see what more did my mom gave me when I saw something that made me cry of sadness.

I saw a black pearl.

Lots of it in the bag.

I wonder how much mom was hurting when she's packing this small bag that her tears fall in. It was already too much to see a black pearl but to see a handful?

Mom are you alright? Are you doing well with dad?

"The queen. . . she told us to go find you. . . the war was ongoing and a lot of mermen have fallen. Your mom told us not to go back and wait for her to call us. . she never called. . ."

I wore the necklace but I was startled when one of the fishes approached me

"Young prince! You must leave. . I saw a bunch of merpeople heading this way. . . they said they finally found the younger prince. . . I think you must escape. . . quick. .!! Use your necklace. ."

I was frozen on the spot that my brain malfunctioned. They found me? They're gonna kill me?

How can I work this necklace?

"Jungwon .  . I remember your mother telling us to tell you, uhm. .  'if you don't know what to do, sing'. I hope you know what that means"

I just closed my eyes and trust my instincts.

"Constant as the starts above. . . always know . .  that you are loved . . "

The rose clicked open and my tails suddenly started turning to something I often see on humans, legs.

After that, the necklace shrunk again.

"Quick. . run away"

Wait where did I get this uhm. . . pants? Clothes?

I tried to walk but these legs feel weird. I then walk far away and ran a little as I felt the sand. This felt unreal and unfamiliar.

In the middle of my almost death moment, I manage to enjoy the sand. But then, Maeum had to interfere saying that I should hide far away from the sea because they might spot me. So I did, I ran to the area where I saw the gorgeous human last night and enter a tent. Yeah I think that's what they call those things that you can fold and unfold to build a small room.

I let out a sigh as I think I managed to escape but my heart almost jump out my chest when someone spoke.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?"

I froze as I slowly turn around and when I saw the person, my vision went black and I didnt know what happened.

_________