Yamada laughs gently. "No, they won't be sad. They know we're really busy this year."

"But we can still go?"

"Yep! Do you want to?"

Here it comes.

Eri nods shyly and Yamada whoops excitedly.

"That settles it, then!"

Fantastic.

~~~

With the schools on break, Yamada and Aizawa are at home all the time.

Before, when Yamada and Aizawa left for school, Ingenium would usually come over to watch the both of them, since his hero activities have been cut in half since he fought Stain. Now, though, they're both at home and they want to spend time with Eri and Sasuke(?). He's not actually sure if they want to spend time with him, he doesn't really care either way, the problem is that it's annoying.

"We should play a board game!" Yamada exclaims.

Sasuke is gone in less than a second.

Really, this whole thing is stressful more than anything. It's weird having people tell you to go to bed when you've been your own parent since you were 7. He doesn't have to do all the cooking or cleaning anymore because there are more people in the house who share that responsibility. Sasuke isn't entirely sure how to feel about it because he doesn't know where he stands.

He sighs and lies down on his bed.

Yamada's footsteps echo through the hall and Sasuke makes the executive decision to pretend to be asleep.

The door creaks open and Yamada is about to speak until they notice Sasuke "sleeping."

"Oh! Sorry, I'll let you sleep." He says and the door closes again.

And that's another thing. If Yamada needs something from him, why would he not just wake him? It's midday so it's ridiculous to still be sleeping at this time anyway.

Sasuke pinches his eyebrows. This is giving him a headache.

He's not sure when it happens, but at some point, he does actually fall asleep.

TW - Orochimaru standard stuff. Extra creepy this time, though. Panic attack and dry heaving. Continue reading at ""'M'fine." He mutters..."

"My, my, Sasuke-kun. Aren't you tired this evening?"

This is a dream. This is a dream. Sasuke knows it's a dream because he's floating outside his body. That doesn't tend to happen in real life.

"Orochimaru? I thought we were done for today." Little, naive Sasuke wonders.

"There's more to training than physical, you know."

Nope. Nope. Nope. It would be great if he could wake up now. Sasuke struggles to force his eyes to open as the scene unfolds before him.

"I've already read most of the books you have." Small Sasuke scoffs, but Sasuke remembers wanting to be praised for that. Orochimaru could sense it too.

"I see. You've done well there, then." Orochimaru says dismissively, but both he and Sasuke can see the way Small Sasuke perks up at the praise.

"For your hard work, perhaps I should reward you?"

Small Sasuke narrows his eyes suspiciously. Good, even little, baby, naive Sasuke could tell that Orochimaru was being weird.

That's all well and good, but Sasuke wants to wake. Up.