"Alright Kenna..."

I couldn't leave the room fast enough, scared I may say something to Kenna that will incriminate me. Malin is waiting for me in the main room of the compound, tapping her foot impatiently. On the wall behind her, her near incoherent scratching take up most of the space. She like's to see her plans right in front of her, so almost all the information about Isaiah is just sitting there, right in front of my face.

"The new girl is fitting in well, when she shows up to meetings. She has some good information," Malin notes. She hasn't sounded pleased like that in awhile. I knew Caiya would fit in here, and I'm glad Malin has given her a chance to prove herself.

"Good, I'm glad."

I collapse into my seat at the head of the table, exhausted. As usual, it's the middle of the night, and I'm tired. I spent all day tailing Isaiah, attending meeting after meeting about the new development. And as usual he had almost no input, and anything he did, say generally against the idea.

Malin faces the wall, tapping her pen against it. "Don't make me say it..."

I don't even have to see her face to know what she is insinuating. I roll my eyes, hating that this is a topic of conversation each time I come here. It's almost becoming tiring, and not because of the hour...

"I'm not doubting anything," I mutter. Why Malin hates hearing me come back from meetings telling her Isaiah could be more uninvolved is such a problem when it's the truth, I have no idea...Spite, probably. "Everything is going well, I'm starting to truly gain Isaiah's trust. I haven't even needed to touch him, let alone kiss him or anything."

She turns suddenly. "If he asked you to fuck him, would you?"

I glance over my shoulder towards the door, even though I know Kadrick is sleeping right now. If anyone else around here overheard, they would tell him immediately. The purpose of the rebellion never comes before gossip, it seem.s

"Malin...I have a boyfriend," I respond tiredly.

"For the mission, I mean," she shrugs, her smile almost devious. "Don't act like you haven't thought about it, or even been tempted...Even I can admit he's attractive."

"We've talked about this." I can feel myself getting irritated now. Sleeping with Isaiah then discarding him isn't coming all that easily to me, temptation or not. "I'm not going to do that, not for the mission. And I don't need to anyway, Isaiah respects me without me having to strip all my clothing for him. You haven't gotten everything right about him."

Malin shakes her head, strolling closer to sit in the chair next to me, kicking her feet up onto the table.

"Let's be honest, you've always been out of Kadrick's league, and once we get into power by overthrowing the Alpha, you'll be moving on very quick," she grins. I frown. She's mentioned jokingly before that she doesn't think Kadrick and I will last outside of the rebellion, but I didn't think she was actually serious.

"You don't know that..."

She leans forward, tilting her head. "I know where there is an absence of passion."

Kadrick and I haven't had sex once since the mission started. We've barely even kissed. When I come back here, I'm far too tired, and it feels easier to tell him next time. With everything going on in my head about Isaiah, it doesn't feel like the right thing to do, to sleep with my boyfriend and not acknowledge what else is going on.

"You'll say anything to make me do this," I dismiss. She grabs my hand, squeezing it tightly. Whenever she tries to convince me or something, she gets up close to me, becomes affectionate and caring. I miss when Malin was more like this. When her mind wasn't on the mission all the time.

"Funny thing is, I mean it," she murmurs, brushing a piece of my hair back. A huff out a breath, conflicted. It's like she can read my mind about Kadrick, sometimes.

"He's to be married to Elise, as I have told you," I remind her softly, swallowing past the lump in my throat. "And the vibe I get from her is that she will quick literally murder me if she has to, and I'm thinking maybe I can get information out of her."

Likelihood is, Elise wouldn't actually care if I slept with Isaiah, as long as she doesn't have to. Malin doesn't need to know that, though.

"I don't like the sound of that woman." Malin's nose scrunches up at the thought. Interestingly, her and Elise actually have a lot in common, especially in the way they carry themselves. "I think you and I would both like to see her fall."

I chew on my bottom lip until it's painful. "We'll see."

"Have I ever told you how much I love you, best friend?" Malin asks sweetly, patting my cheek gently. I roll my eyes at her, even as I smile. "I'm asking you to fuck the most attractive man in the Pack, and make him want more. You should be thanking me."

I can't help but laugh, despite myself, holding my hands up. "Whatever you say."

💚••💚

If you enjoy the story, it's always ten chapters ahead on Radish. It's another way of supporting me as a writer, so thank you!

 It's another way of supporting me as a writer, so thank you!

***

I have a brand new story called IMMORTAL PRINCE now available on Radish, and soon on Wattpad (:

"Tomorrow, we don't have to speak of this again." I hardly know what I'm asking. I just know I want whatever it is.

He watches me with an intensity that I know only he is capable of. "Put my hand where you want me to touch you."

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter!! Thank you all!

I hope you guys enjoyed!!

Instagram: Sophie_Midika

Snapchat: Midikacrane

~Midika 💜🐼