ROSES REMINDS ME OF YOU

CHAPTER TWENTY: ROSES REMINDS ME OF YOU

" we make these memories for ourselves "
- Ed Sheeran (Photograph)

"Di kita gusto."

Brent freezes at Olivia's father's words.

He didn't know what to say, he was already nervous and he had already expected this from anyone and even from Olivia's parents.

Brent knew he's the complete opposite of any parents' ideal boyfriend or husband for their daughters.

He just knew he wasn't it.

For the first time in his life, he wished he was one of his brothers.

He did everything, he swears.

He wore a shirt with long sleeves to hide his tattoos, he didn't wore any of his piercings, and he styled his hair differently.

But even then, Olivia's parents still does not like him.

Well, no one told him this was easy.

"Pero... bibigyan kita nang pagkakataon." Olivia's father added.

Brent felt like he can breathe again thanks to those words. He wasn't sure if he looks like a man with manners right now, he's too nervous, he can't even breathe nor think properly.

"Pag sinaktan mo ang anak ko, sinasabi ko sa'yo... sinasabi ko talaga sa'yo--"

"Pa! Wag mo nga siyang takutin!" Olivia interrupts as she placed the tray of some snacks and drinks right on top of the table.

"Sinasabi ko lang anak na 'di ka niya saktan o ako--"

"Tama na, jusko, kumalma ka." Olivia's mother interrupts this time.

"N-Naiintindihan ko po."

Brent knows.

Brent understands because he has a sister that he also cares about. Sophia might not be his blood-sister but he cares about her just like his brothers.

Brent watched Sophia went through something where she got her heart broken and it broke his heart too.

He hated it.

He remembers the time when he wanted to visit Norvina and beat the shit out of Sophia's ex.

Brent thought to himself that if he were to ever hurt Olivia, he doesn't think he'd ever want to be with someone else, and he'd probably ask one of his brothers to beat the shit out of him.

"Meron po kasi akong kapatid na babae, kaya... naiintindihan ko po ang galit niyo. I... m-mahal ko po ang anak niyo." Brent paused, finding the next right words to tell them.

"Matagal na po akong may nararamdaman sa kanya, ngayon lang po ako nanligaw sa kanya... d-dapat nga po matagal na po akong nanligaw..."

Brent wanted to punch his face too.

It took him two weeks before he realized that he should have just told Olivia about his feelings instead of going push and pull with her and let Olivia figure out Brent's feelings for her.

Now he's realizing how stupid he was.

"...pero, sisiguraduhin ko po na tatanggapin ako ni Olivia... at na tatanggapin niyo rin po ako."