Chapter Thirty-Four

Start from the beginning

Emma's intuition had been right. Mark didn't feel it, but Divina knew something. He knew this wasn't a good thing and that something else was coming.

"God did something," Divina spat, letting go of his forearm and having her face red in fury. "If it did something, it's screwing with me."

Mark knew god was Ashley. Divina and Ashley fought in a never-ending battle that left Ashley looking worse than Divina.

"I go tomorrow, and they shouldn't," Divina said. "After the vanishing, the real danger begins."

"Will Ashley fight us?" Mark asked, but Divina didn't say anything.

"If you thought fires and holes had been tough, the next can't even compare. Do you see how the weather doesn't change?" Divina remarked.

Mark nodded his head, knowing that it hadn't changed when it should be rainy or even cloudy.

"Take that as an example," she hissed, putting both hands on her hips.

"There's a storm coming?" Mark asked, his eyes wide.

"I believe that's the term you use. You have four months before it comes," Divina said.

"Is it a tornado?" Mark asked, as Divina glared back at him, eyes roving around the plaza.

"Something that you all might die from unless someone gains my powers," Divina growled.

Mark still didn't fully understand how that information worked. He knew Divina had powers none of them had, but nobody could magically gain someone else's.

"Yes, someone could acquire them," Divina said deviously. "I can stop storms, and with me vanishing tomorrow, you'll have four months of peace."

Mark wasn't sure if they'd have complete peace. It's the bubble and everything seems to change each day.  There's always something happening at Uden Academy, which peace wouldn't exist from some of the people there.

"Danger will begin after that time," Divina said proudly, staring up at the dark sky with a grin.

"Jason and Greyson can't vanish. Their power can stand up to part of the storm." Divina sneered, glancing at him now. "They won't vanish."

Cindy woke up early in the morning. She spotted James and Emma, both asleep. Standing, she wobbled and headed for the bathroom. Looking in the small mirror, she lifted the patch over her head. It left a scar horizontally over her eye. When she even tried to cry, only the left eye could produce tears.

She walked out to her cot and sat at the edge of it. Staring down at her slippers that she was given, she closed her eyes. She remembered how Melany protected her from dying when she should have died. It made her angry and upset at the same time. She had never wished death on anyone, but she wanted Luke to die.

There was anger that she couldn't save Melany and stop Luke because of her eye; it still appeared to be a normal eye with a scar. Letting out a small sigh, she opened the door to meet a face with amber eyes.

"That looks badass," Esme stated. "If it makes you happy, I tied Luke up in the hospital and gave him a makeover. We still have time before they vanish! Let's go see, Cindy."

Cindy closed her eyes and grabbed Esme's wrist. They bopped into the hospital's main entrance. Looking around, Esme forcefully grabbed her wrist and dragged her into the elevator.

When they got to the surgical floor, Cindy started to realize why Emma seemed traumatized every time Esme went speeding with her. The speed felt like being on a continuous roller coaster where you could barely see anything.